Flavor is the focus during your 8-day food and wine tour of Spain. Historic tastes shape contemporary culture as you search for aromas of peony and green strawberry in Txakoli wine. Indulge in earthy scents of leather and tobacco when sipping La Rioja. Bask in San Sebastian’s traditional pintxos and embrace Madrid’s authentic tapas. From grand urban architecture to charming villages, you will delight in a new flavorful perspective of Spain.
Madrid - Arrive in Spain and Sample Madrid
Spain’s capital city is full of energy and packed with heritage, from stunning parks to distinctive architecture. The streets buzz with activity to reveal a local culture eager to enjoy life. Your flight will land at Madrid Barajas International Airport, where your transfer will greet you upon arrival. After settling into the comforts of your centrally located hotel, the evening will introduce you to the city’s traditions with an authentic wine and tapas tour. You may visit a 127-year-old bodega that fills with the aromas of sizzling olive oil and sherry-braised beef cheeks or sample a delicious tortilla Espanola.
Madrid - Explore the History and Wonders of Madrid
Ribera del Duero - Experience Authentic Vineyards
La Rioja - Delight in Wines and Visit Ezcaray
San Sebastian - Embrace Traditional Basque Flavors
San Sebastian - Enjoy a Txakoli Wine Region Tour
Bilbao - Reach Bilbao and Enjoy at Your Pace
Bilbao - Depart for Home
- Embrace the essential flavors of wine from the Ribera del Duero region with a private tour and tasting of two wineries, followed by a traditional meal of local cuisine
- Delight in the fascinating culture and history of Madrid as experienced through the food and wine during a private wine and tapas tour
- Indulge in the celebrated flavors of La Rioja wine and find exciting new tastes during your private wine tour of two vineyards accompanied by an authentic meal
- Bask in the essential cuisine of San Sebastian and the greater Basque region on a private pintxos tour of San Sebastian, one of the most famous culinary cities in Spain
- Sample the unique characteristics and distinctive differences of Txakoli wine when visiting the dedicated wine region outside of San Sebastian
- Revel in the delicious charms of artisan foods in the Txakoli wine region when visiting a local cheese producer to try the Idiazabal cheese
- Witness the sensational art collection on display in the Prado Museum in Madrid where you can find the works of masters like Velazquez and Goya
$3,835 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.97 stars based on 33 reviews.
Reviewed By Ellen Z.
Reviewed By Sally S.
Reviewed By nicole b.
Reviewed By Frank F.
Reviewed By John P.
Reviewed By Ken K.