Explore the Cape Winelands on horseback as you ride through the orchards and vines and connect the sensual beauty of this spectacular region with this 8-day sample itinerary. Canter to beautiful vineyards for an exclusive tasting, trot through surreal forests and gallop across the plains between enigmatic granite mountains. On horseback may be the most enchanting way to see the Winelands, a leisurely journey of views, vineyards, fine dining, and open landscapes. With five days of riding, you will...
Cape Town – Touching Down in the Mother City
Table Mountain stands majestic with the vertical face seeming to rise out of the city with the towering summit standing over the frothy waves of the Atlantic Ocean. The mountain is the compass point, the landmark that will guide your exploration over the next two days. On the journey from the airport, you will see Table Mountain, but before exploring it, you will journey along its hidden back slopes where the vineyards spread out between the trees for a sensual welcome to the country. A platter of charcuterie will accompany a guided tasting to introduce you to the flavors of South Africa and its famous local Pinotage.
The vineyards of Constantia are a perfect stop on route from the airport, and a great place to relax after your flight. Enjoy the dramatic views of the city and sit back as different wines are poured for your enjoyment. From here, your guides will take you along the mountain's base and into the city, to your hotel in Green Point. The 5-star Cape Royale enjoys incredible views over the ocean and is situated in an ideal position within the city. You are just a five-minute walk to the V & A Waterfront, where a series of fine dining seafood restaurants await your enjoyment. The surrounding streets feature some of Cape Town's most celebrated restaurants while the vibrant cafes of Bree Street are within a 15-minute walk. You will arrive at your hotel in the late afternoon, and the rest of your day is at your leisure.
Cape Town – Table Mountain and the Colors of the City
Stellenbosch – An Enchanting Ride Across the Vineyards
Stellenbosch – Through the Vineyards and Orchards of the Paarl Valley
Stellenbosch – Mountain Trails and the Vineyards of the Franschhoek Valley
Stellenbosch – Riding Through the Forests of the Simonsberg Mountains
Stellenbosch – Enchanting Wine Estates of Stellenbosch
Cape Town – Departure
- Savor the beauty of the Winelands with a 5-day horseback safari that will lead you across the enchanting valleys and vine-dappled slopes
- Connect exquisite vineyards and enjoy an exclusive tasting with winemakers and cellar owners conducting private tours
- Tuck into some of Africa's finest cuisine with sumptuous lunches and dinners at the wine farms
- Ride through orchards laden with fruit, and then canter through endless fields of vines
- Start the vacation with two days in Cape Town, a city that combines natural and cultural pleasures
- Explore the mystical forests of the Simonsberg on horseback, roaming into a landscape that baffles the eyes and defies the camera
$5,195 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.94 stars based on 863 reviews.
Reviewed By mary h.
Reviewed By Kathy K.
Reviewed By Cassandra R.
Reviewed By Michael G.
Reviewed By Chintan P.
Reviewed By Bettisu C.