Embrace ancient legends and explore beyond the imagination on this 9-day family Scotland tour. From the Hogwarts Express to monster hunting on Loch Ness, explore the country’s iconic destinations and highlights. Scotland rewards slow travel, and over nine days, you can enjoy something special for all ages, including mountain biking with reindeer, the Isle of Skye, and Edinburgh’s history.
Edinburgh - Traditional Scottish Music Show
After landing in Edinburgh, you will be met by a local guide and transferred to the city center. Your hotel is within walking distance of the Royal Mile, meaning there is plenty of history and restaurants near your doorstep. After some time to rest, your guide will lead you on a short orientation tour that will culminate in dinner and dancing at a large theater. This Scottish music show will be a great introduction to local traditions and for spending the evening together.
Edinburgh - The Old City and Royal Mile
Aviemore - Scottish Whisky and Biking With Reindeer
Loch Ness - A Day of Monster Hunting
Loch Ness - Kayaking on the Lake
Fort William - Riding the Hogwarts Express
Fort William - Waterfalls, Mazes, and Mountain Biking
Stirling - Mystical Mountain Scenery
Stirling - Departure
- Take your children on the Hogwarts Express steam locomotive for a morning of recreating Harry Potter scenes
- Search for the Loch Ness Monster on a private zodiac ride across the mystical lake
- Discover Highland’s folk history and safely try your hand at some of the strange traditions, such as axe throwing
- Explore Edinburgh’s glamorous highlights, including the Royal Mile and its enormous castle
- Wander into the wilderness during a fabulous day on the Isle of Skye, which is cut off from the rest of the world
- Get lost in ancient royal hunting grounds and a touchstone maze that narrates Scotland’s history
- Taste whisky and soft drinks in Pitlochry, participate in a tapestry workshop, and go kayaking on Loch Ness
- Enjoy two mountain biking excursions, which are easy and active means for exploring Scotland’s iconic scenery
$3,505 per person (excluding international flights)
Your Zicasso trip is fully customizable, and this sample itinerary is a starting place for your travel plans. Actual costs are dynamic, and your selection of accommodations and activities, your season of travel, and other such variables will bring this budget guideline up or down. Throughout your planning experience with your Zicasso specialist, your itinerary is designed around your budget. You can book your trip when you are satisfied with every detail. Planning your trip with a Zicasso travel specialist is a free service.
The starting price is based on travel during the low season for a minimum of two travelers staying in shared 3-star accommodations. Please inquire for a custom trip quote based on your travel preferences and travel dates.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.86 stars based on 328 reviews.
Reviewed By Kathy P.
Reviewed By Sherry D.
Reviewed By Cathie B.
Reviewed By Vinita B.
Reviewed By Geoff T.
Reviewed By Jennifer S.