Mysteries and movie moments cover Ireland and Scotland; the Hogwarts Express, Loch Ness Monster, Blarney Stone, a James Bond castle, and stories from Titanic. These two countries are dominated by landscapes and legend, with something to excite all ages. Handcrafted for curious families, this tour balances the best of Scotland and Ireland for contrasting ages, creating a journey to the heart of the mysteries. Think culture, castles, and all the unusual history.
Edinburgh – Panoramic Highlights of the Scottish Capital
The great thing about Edinburgh is that you don’t need to do anything in order to get an intimate feel of the city. A majestic castle peers down from the hill, onto a lane of cobbles and charming buildings from times past. Cathedral spires rise above the cityscape and palace buildings glimpse at a royal history. There are some extravagant monuments to explore. Yet the Edinburgh experience is equally made up of strolling the Royal Mile to discover what makes the country and capital unique. It’s hard to know the mood and energy levels after your flight to Scotland. A guide greets you at the airport and tailors a day around how you are feeling; it can incorporate a panorama of grand highlights or be more of an orientation on the central streets.
Fife – Medieval Musing and a Night in a Castle on a Loch
Ft. William – Searching for the Loch Ness Monster and a Highlights Distillery
Island of Skye – Riding the Hogwarts Express and a Famous Castle From the Movies
Glasgow – So Many Stories That Give Scotland Its Mystery
Dublin – Storytellers, Songs, Fairies, and Guinness as You Explore Dublin
Wicklow – The Great Green Fields of Ireland and Four-Leaved Clovers
Kilkenny – Relaxing Into the Irish Vibe and an Evening With the Locals
Killarney – Kissing the Blarney Stone and Stories From the Titanic
Killarney – Discovering the Ring of Kerry and Some Lord of the Rings
Adare – A Pony Ride to a Thatched Village and Medieval Castle Dinner
Shannon – Departure
- Ride the Jacobite Hogwarts Express, the train from Harry Potter taking you through the Scottish highlands
- Spend the night in three different castles, including the fabulously mysterious Dromoland
- Search the Loch Ness Monster after tasting at a boutique whiskey distillery
- Ireland is full of mysteries for all ages: kissing the Blarney Stone, searching for four-leafed clovers, and ride a pony along a lake to the thatched village of Adare
- Explore Scotland’s diverse history, from the pastel houses of Portree to Viking fortresses, cobbled streets in Edinburgh, and the castle from a Bond movie
- Experience Ireland’s traditions, like storytelling in a Dublin pub, Celtic folklore in a local room, plus memoirs to a Catholic history
- Journey across otherworldly landscapes, the 12-day tour incorporating the Scottish Highlands, the Ring of Kerry and the open green pastures of southern Ireland
$5,455 per person (excluding international flights)
Your Zicasso trip is fully customizable, and this sample itinerary is a starting place for your travel plans. Actual costs are dynamic, and your selection of accommodations and activities, your season of travel, and other such variables will bring this budget guideline up or down. Throughout your planning experience with your Zicasso specialist, your itinerary is designed around your budget. You can book your trip when you are satisfied with every detail. Planning your trip with a Zicasso travel specialist is a free service.
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.82 stars based on
Reviewed By Jeanne S.
Reviewed By Donna F.
Reviewed By Kathleen S.
Reviewed By Lloyd F.
Reviewed By Linda T.
Reviewed By Brian W.