Explore Portugal and Morocco far from the crowds and relish endless relaxation for 15 days during visits to the Algarve’s sun-kissed castaway shores, the sweeping rural sand seas of the Sahara Desert, and the sacred city of Fez before stopping in Madrid, Spain. You will head home with unforgettable memories of your travels whether off the beaten path or discovering Europe and North Africa’s breathtaking highlights.
Lisbon - Portugal’s Fado Flavor
Portugal’s charms culminate in the hilly capital of Lisbon nestled on the banks of the sparkling Tagus Estuary. Your accommodation lies in one of the city’s vibrant districts alongside the pastel-colored Portuguese buildings typical of its coastal skylines. After arriving, you will join a local guide for a walking tour of the Mouraria neighborhood, one of the oldest in Lisbon and the birthplace of the traditional Fado movement. Today, chic bars and stylish cafés host visitors who peruse the Portuguese city in search of the best authentic cuisine to tuck into while listening to the sweet melodies of Fado music.
Lisbon - Lisbon’s Highlights at Your Leisure
Algarve - Sipping Cocktails to Surreal Seascapes
Algarve - Set Sail Across the Sparkling Seas
Algarve - Worry-Free Moments on the Portuguese Coast
Marrakech - The Multicultural Melting Pot of Djemaa el-Fna
Marrakech - Moroccan Observations in Old Medina
Skoura - Journey to the Kasbah Ait-Ben-Haddou
Merzouga - On the Outskirts of the Sahara Desert
Sahara Desert - Desert Dreams in the Sahara
Fez - Ancient Fossils from Erfoud to Ifrane
Fez - 9th-Century Spiritual Discovery
Chefchaouen - Roman History in the Volubilis Ruins
Madrid - Exploring Morocco’s Blue City
Madrid - Postcard Memories of Portugal, Morocco, and Spain
- Stroll the streets of Lisbon’s Mouraria neighborhood, one of the oldest districts in the Portuguese capital and the root destination of the country’s Fado movement, to chic restaurants serving authentic cuisine alongside Fado melodies
- Relax on the quiet, golden beaches of the Algarve and absorb some of Portugal’s most picturesque coastal sceneries as you dig your toes into the soft sands, swim in the crystal clear water, and sightsee from lofty, rugged mountaintop viewpoints
- Wander the bustling neighborhoods of Marrakech to the spirited and action-packed Djemaa el-Fna, the city’s world-famous square overflowing with cultural activity from storytellers to culinary hotspots, magnificent markets to acrobatic performances
- Appreciate a walking tour of Marrakech’s Old Medina neighborhood to the Jewish mellah, ancient Bahia Palace, magnificent Koutoubia Mosque, and more significant cultural and heritage highlights of Morocco
- Venture across the sand seas of Morocco and visit the impressive UNESCO World Heritage Site of Kasbah Ait-Ben-Haddou outside of Ouarzazate before you arrive at the palm grove oasis of Skoura
- Travel across the Sahara Desert’s immense rose-gold sand dunes via 4x4 vehicles and on camelback during unforgettable desert discoveries to nomad lands and breathtaking viewpoints dotting the dreamy landscape
- Escape to the modest and magnificent historic desert towns of Erfoud and Ifrane to get a taste of the local Moroccan flavor and visit exhibits of ancient fossils found among the rugged rocky landscape
- Spend time wandering Fez’s maze of alleys and visit traditional Arabian souks, or marketplaces, in search of delectable Moroccan delicacies and cultural immersion before visiting royal mosques and the Merenid Tombs
$4,375 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.98 stars based on
Reviewed By Vinay P.
Reviewed By Eli G.
Reviewed By karen l.
Reviewed By Larry H.
Reviewed By Ryan D.
Reviewed By Del K.