Packed full of thrilling activities and staggering landscapes, this is the ultimate two-week itinerary for nature lovers on New Zealand’s South Island. This tour leads you from outdoor adventure on the South Island to the highest mountain and the deepest fjord. It features whales, icebergs, jet boats, kayaks, hikes, helicopters, and so much more. Book your adventure today.
Queenstown – Settling in on the South Island
Queenstown is the obvious place to begin an outdoor adventure on the South Island. It is the main hub for activities and the stepping stone for exploring Fiordland National Park. While there is a lot to do here, Queenstown’s laid-back atmosphere is also ideal for relaxing after a long flight. Your driver will greet you at the airport and transfer you to your accommodation in the heart of the city. The rest of today will be at your leisure so that you can rest before the real adventure starts.
Queenstown – Boat Ride and Vineyard Excursion
Queenstown – Your Choice of Outdoor Activities
Queenstown – Milford Sound by Boat and Helicopter
Wanaka – Mountain Biking around the Lake
Wanaka – Mt. Aspiring National Park
Franz Josef Glacier – South Island Road Trip
Franz Josef Glacier – Walking across a Glacier
Franz Josef Glacier – Helicopter to Mt. Cook and Icebergs
Abel Tasman National Park – Kayak into the Wilderness
Abel Tasman National Park – Tropical Adventures
Blenheim – Cruising with Dolphins
Kaikoura – New Zealand’s Finest Whale Watching
Kaikoura – Departure
- Soar over Mt. Cook on a private helicopter tour and cruise across a lake that is speckled with ancient icebergs
- Feel the thrill of a jet boat ride near Queenstown, which will prove to be a stunning introduction to the South Island’s outdoor adventures
- Explore New Zealand’s great walking trails, including a guided hike in Mt. Aspiring National Park
- Discover the wonders of Milford Sound on an afternoon cruise and helicopter ride above Fiordland National Park
- Kayak around a tropical coastline and uncover the lush beauty of Abel Tasman National Park
- Spend a day on the Pacific in search of sperm whales and other whale species, which is an activity that is likely to provide many close-up encounters
- Descend some of New Zealand’s best mountain bike trails, which is another activity for your time in Wanaka
- Spot dolphins along the coast, search for the kiwi bird, and relax at Central Otago vineyards
- Enjoy a fabulous day of walking over Franz Josef Glacier, admiring ice sculptures, and learning how the glacier tumbles through a forest
$12,735 per person (excluding international flights)
Your Zicasso trip is fully customizable, and this sample itinerary is a starting place for your travel plans. Actual costs are dynamic, and your selection of accommodations and activities, your season of travel, and other such variables will bring this budget guideline up or down. Throughout your planning experience with your Zicasso specialist, your itinerary is designed around your budget. You can book your trip when you are satisfied with every detail. Planning your trip with a Zicasso travel specialist is a free service.
The starting price is based on travel during the low season for a minimum of two travelers staying in shared 3-star accommodations. Please inquire for a custom trip quote based on your travel preferences and travel dates.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.84 stars based on 1526 reviews.
Reviewed By Nancy H.
Reviewed By Rene R.
Reviewed By Betty P.
Reviewed By Kirsten H.
Reviewed By Stacey J.
Reviewed By Carol P.