From tropics to fjords, experience the ultimate island immersion into nature on this one-week tour of New Zealand’s South Island. This is an exclusive itinerary that includes Fjordland, Franz Josef, Abel Tasman, and Kahurangi National Parks. Handcrafted with three distinctive natural realms, you will helicopter and hike into the wild and escape into landscapes that are rarely encountered by visitors.
Queenstown – Shotover River and Middle-Earth
After touching down in Queenstown, you will be transferred to your boutique hotel in the heart of the city. Early check-in will be arranged so that you can freshen up and head straight to the Shotover River. A barren canyon of dramatic corners and turquoise water, this river is best explored on a jet boat. This is a fast-paced and exciting ride that will have you rushing down the river. After your river adventure, you can indulge in a private 4WD vehicle tour into a wilderness that inspired Middle-earth. Your guide can help you customize your exact route based on your hiking and adventure preferences.
Queenstown – Private Helicopter Tour
Franz Josef Glacier – World Heritage Te Wahipounamu
Franz Josef Glacier – Hiking a Wild Glacier
Westhaven Inlet – Kayak along the Coast
Westhaven Inlet – Traversing Surreal Trails
Westhaven Inlet – Beautiful Hiking Trails and Departure
- Spend a glorious day exploring Fiordland National Park on a private helicopter tour that can access areas unseen by other visitors
- Uncover the hidden trails of Kahurangi National Park during a day that will completely immerse you in the park’s indigenous forest
- Kayak along the South Island’s tropical northern coastline, passing dolphins to golden beaches and deserted islands
- Rush down the Shotover River in a jet boat, which can be a real thrill for your first day on the island
- Crunch across the ice on a stunning glacier hike with natural ice sculptures that create artistic memories in all directions
- Explore the inspiration for Middle Earth on a 4WD vehicle adventure near Queenstown
- Search for elusive kiwi birds and learn about their future during a private wildlife tour near Franz Josef Glacier
- Embrace wild landscapes and cross three national parks on the ultimate one-day New Zealand road trip, from Queenstown to Franz Josef Glacier
$1,745 per person (excluding international flights)
Your Zicasso trip is fully customizable, and this sample itinerary is a starting place for your travel plans. Actual costs are dynamic, and your selection of accommodations and activities, your season of travel, and other such variables will bring this budget guideline up or down. Throughout your planning experience with your Zicasso specialist, your itinerary is designed around your budget. You can book your trip when you are satisfied with every detail. Planning your trip with a Zicasso travel specialist is a free service.
The starting price is based on travel during the low season for a minimum of two travelers staying in shared 3-star accommodations. Please inquire for a custom trip quote based on your travel preferences and travel dates.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.84 stars based on 1435 reviews.
Reviewed By Kristin B.
Reviewed By Linda B.
Reviewed By Carole G.
Reviewed By Susan B.
Reviewed By Karen S.
Reviewed By Janet S.