Reality will blend into a dreamy landscape during your two-week New Zealand tour of the South Island. Specialist guides will lead you on customizable tours that highlight the shimmering waters of captivating fiords and the steep slopes of dramatic coastline. Whether you reveal the secrets of Middle Earth or sail on glacial lakes, you will turn New Zealand’s majestic nature into a spectacular outdoor playground.
Christchurch – Relaxing in an Energetic City
While scars from the massive 2011 earthquake continue to mark Christchurch, the city displays an energy that provides a perfect introduction to New Zealand. You will be greeted at the airport and transferred to a boutique hotel in the city. A short private walking tour will illustrate how street art helped transform rubble into a liveable city. You will also enjoy the laid-back Kiwi welcome. This experience will allow you to discover how somewhere with so much energy can be so relaxing. You can take it slow today because you will have two weeks of adventures to come.
Christchurch – Swimming with Wild Dolphins
Christchurch – Whale-Watching Expedition
Mt. Cook Village – The Majestic Southern Alps
Mt. Cook Village – Cruising Past Icebergs
Queenstown – Central Otago Vineyards
Queenstown – Uncovering Middle-Earth
Queenstown – An Old-World Steamer Cruise
Doubtful Sound – Overnight Escape in Fiordland
Queenstown – Hidden Fiordland by Helicopter
Abel Tasman National Park – New Zealand’s Finest Beaches
Day 12 - 13
Abel Tasman National Park – Tropical Escapism by Kayak
Nelson – Departure
- Escape to tropical beaches with a three-night stay in Abel Tasman National Park
- Explore the best of Fiordland National Park, including an overnight cruise on Doubtful Sound and a full-day helicopter excursion
- Cruise past icebergs and soar above Mt. Cook during your two days near New Zealand’s tallest mountain
- Embrace marine encounters, such as swimming with wild dolphins and whale watching in Kaikoura
- Discover the original Middle Earth on an adventure to Lord of the Rings movie locations
- Savor South Island’s laid-back vibe, from a street walk in Christchurch to an old-world steamer trip across Lake Wakatipu
- Uncover some of the island’s secrets, including the world’s southernmost wine region and the turquoise tones of Lake Pukaki
$12,735 per person (excluding international flights)
Your Zicasso trip is fully customizable, and this sample itinerary is a starting place for your travel plans. Actual costs are dynamic, and your selection of accommodations and activities, your season of travel, and other such variables will bring this budget guideline up or down. Throughout your planning experience with your Zicasso specialist, your itinerary is designed around your budget. You can book your trip when you are satisfied with every detail. Planning your trip with a Zicasso travel specialist is a free service.
The starting price is based on travel during the low season for a minimum of two travelers staying in shared 3-star accommodations. Please inquire for a custom trip quote based on your travel preferences and travel dates.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.84 stars based on
Reviewed By Betty P.
Reviewed By Diane M.
Reviewed By Douglas A.
Reviewed By Alexa P.
Reviewed By Robin P.
Reviewed By Sheree a.