Explore the irresistible soul of Spain, Portugal, and Morocco on this unique 17-day tour through the best of each country. From fado and flamenco to desert and beach, and walled cities and wondrous monuments, this route has been handcrafted to celebrate a complete range of highlights, which include charming medieval towns, art trails, and capital cities with a vibrant present. Every day will create a new experience on a route that is both exotic and enchanting, full of historical sites while packed...
Lisbon – The Iconic Tramcar and an Ebullient Capital City
Lisbon will delight you with its contrasts, making it an ideal introduction to this 17-day luxury tour. Every neighborhood is different and there’s a commitment to idiosyncrasy that you’ll later find all over Iberia and Morocco. After your private driver escorts you from the airport to your hotel the afternoon will be at your leisure. Take a stroll around the grand district of Baixa, perhaps heading out to the riverside promenade or one of the districts on a hill. In the late afternoon, you will enjoy a timeless journey through the city as you ride the number 28 tramcar that connects the diverse central neighborhoods. This vintage means of travel will create a window onto the city for you. The evening will be at your leisure and Lisbon has an outstanding culinary reputation.
Lisbon – Highlights of Lisbon Private Tour and Fado Performance
Seville – The Historic Soul of Andalusia
Seville – A City of Many Sides and a Night of Flamenco
Rabat – Following the Iconic Barbary Coast
Marrakesh – Sublime Monuments of the Moroccan Cities
Marrakesh – Immersed in the Seductive Back-Lanes
Ouarzazate – Across the Mountains to the Immortalized Movie Sets
Erfoud – Into the Sahara and the Dunes
Fez – The World’s Largest Walled City
Tangier – Legendary Tales of Culture and Tradition
Day 12 - 13
Costa Del Sol – Beach Relaxation in the South of Spain
Granada – The Fabulous Legacy of the Moors
Madrid – Following the El Greco Trail and Tapas in the Capital
Madrid – Wonders of the Spanish Capital
Madrid – Departure
- Explore legendary capital cities that mix old-world charm with a lively modern welcome: Lisbon, Madrid, and Rabat
- Marvel at some of the world’s most unique architecture, including the Alhambra in Granada and a series of exquisite North African buildings in Morocco
- Tune your senses into the rhythm of the past with a fado performance in Lisbon and a flamenco show in Seville
- Wander through the region’s ancient cities that are full of atmosphere and allure, as you walk through streets that hardly seem to have changed for centuries
- Discover a selection of epic landscapes, including the Sahara Desert sand dunes at Erg Chebbi, the open plains of Andalusia, and the gorges found in the Atlas Mountains
- Enjoy the artwork that surrounds you, including a series of remarkable attractions, such as the El Greco trail in Toledo and the Prado in Madrid
- Take time to relax as you spend leisurely days on a Spanish beach and in the serenity of Morocco’s mountains and desert
- Learn from expert guides that lead the way as you come to understand the storylines, from the Moors to the navigators to the Berbers
- Taste your way through three countries, including a tapas crawl in Madrid and plenty of tradition in Morocco
- Uncover plenty of surprises that are common in this part of the world, like iconic movie sets around Ouarzazate, tramcars in Lisbon and glorious journeys through unspoiled landscapes
So many legendary tales emanate from three countries around the Mediterranean. In Spain, the Moors were a pre-medieval civilization that forever shaped design and architecture. In Morocco, the Berbers created a lifestyle that is unchanged to this day around the Saharan sand dunes and rugged Atlas Mountains. There are tales of discovery, like Vasco de Gama in Lisbon and Columbus in Seville. Royal legacies dot each country, with uniquely styled palaces across Portugal, Spain, and Morocco. Walled cities are on a baffling scale while medieval remnants feel untouched by time. And the energy of the legendary tales surrounds you, like seductive souks, flamenco performances, and elegiac fado.
As you explore these three countries you will find that every legendary tale is different. Every day and each destination will create a new experience, yet each experience is bound together by soul. These are countries and destinations that have always preserved the unique as their niche cultures are as important now as they were in the eighth century. Each country and each destination has a rhythm, something you will feel with every footstep across the cobbles. Over the course of your journey, you will also start to appreciate the soul, the inexpressible element that perforates everything in this part of the world.
Your route has been handcrafted to celebrate a wide range of highlights, culturally and historically, as well as landscapes and natural wonders. You will start in Portugal’s capital city, Lisbon, which offers a vibrant introduction to Iberia. Then Seville will follow, another city packed full of energy and effervescent history. You will cross the Strait of Gibraltar and follow the Barbary Coast to Rabat to experience the artistic pleasures and Moroccan city culture of Casablanca and Marrakesh, two destinations that reveal so much more than famous postcard photos.
Continue on to explore surreal Moroccan landscapes as you travel across the Atlas Mountains to Ouarzazate, a legendary movie-set destination. Cross the gorges to the sand dunes and a night gazing in the Sahara. Then travel northwest through the oases to Fez, the world’s largest walled city and a capital of Moroccan culture for more than a millennia. After a night in Tangier, you will return to Spain’s southern region, Andalusia for quiet time on the beach before you travel on to Granada, Toledo, and Madrid. On the last few days, you will discover mesmeric historical cities, each with its own art, food and style.
$3,939 per person (excluding international flights)
Your Zicasso trip is fully customizable, and this sample itinerary is a starting place for your travel plans. Actual costs are dynamic, and your selection of accommodations and activities, your season of travel, and other such variables will bring this budget guideline up or down. Throughout your planning experience with your Zicasso specialist, your itinerary is designed around your budget. You can book your trip when you are satisfied with every detail. Planning your trip with a Zicasso travel specialist is a free service.
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.91 stars based on 32 reviews.
Reviewed By Larry H.
Reviewed By Matt D.
Reviewed By Alan Y.
Reviewed By Felicia L.
Reviewed By Laurie J.
Reviewed By Carol C.