Spend six days swooning over the spectacular natural beauty that blankets Shikoku Island on this absorbing nature lover’s tour to Japan. As you cruise from the exuberant seaside city of Takamatsu to the forested hinterlands of Iya Valley, you will be enthralled by the unending wilderness beauty that veils the entire island and flanks sacred spiritual sites tucked between the emerald greenery.
Takamatsu - Extraordinary Scenes Sprawling across Land and Sea
Boasting cityscapes doused in Japanese culture, forested gorges bursting with wildlife, and spreading seascapes teeming with marine sightings, the island of Shikoku will transport you to another world from the moment you arrive at your accommodation in Takamatsu. In the port city, scenes of the sapphire sea running along the coastline mingle with spectacles of Shikoku’s evergreen blanket of forests covering its headlands. There is a transformative charm that will sweep you away as you appreciate the remarkable scenery flanking the buzzing borders of the city during your first afternoon here.
Takamatsu - Soaring Spectacles from Shodoshima Island
Awa - Artistic Traditions and Astonishing Perceptions
Awa - Mind-blowing Moments with Mother Nature
Takamatsu - Enter the Magnificent Marshlands or Riveting Yoshinogawa River
Takamatsu - Spectacular Last Steps on Japanese Soil
- Glide across the sapphire sea to the bewitching island of Shodoshima, where you will peruse the manicured gardens of the Shodoshima Olive Park and capture unrivaled views of the landscape’s terraced rice fields and cherished Angel Road
- Explore the art of famous Japanese Awa traditions by selecting a course in either soba-making, traditional Japanese noodles, or washi-making, traditional Japanese paper, to delve into the Shikoku city’s heritage
- Climb the gently sloping hills of Mount Tsurugi to bask in the breathtaking panoramic vistas of Shikoku’s emerald hinterlands sweeping the island’s interior
- Spend moments swooning over the magical wilderness proliferating across the Iya Valley during strolls along its olive-green hills and a serene boat cruise past the Kazura Bridge to the untamed Oboke Gorge
- Race down the splashing rapids of Yoshinogawa River during a riveting river rafting experience or peacefully stroll through the spellbinding Kurozo Marshlands
- Explore centuries of Japanese heritage wandering around the sacred spiritual complex of Hashikura Temple, tucked between the forested mountains framing Shikoku’s countryside
$3,313 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.81 stars based on 537 reviews.
Reviewed By Susan F.
Reviewed By Jeremy C.
Reviewed By Brian H.
Reviewed By Janet J.
Reviewed By Anthony L.
Reviewed By Judith B.