The passion of history and culture will enchant you during your custom-tailored romantic tour of Italy. Your affection for each other and for Italy will grow in the charismatic towns and villages that preserve tradition within elegant, medieval, Renaissance, and Baroque architecture. Beautiful artwork celebrates the virtues of love and private rendezvous. Grand castles and sophisticated palaces will provide a fairytale ambiance while countryside scenery will embody the idyllic charms for which...
Rome – Arrive in the Capital of Italy with Romantic Tiber River Cruise
The Eternal City of Rome will sweep you into the romantic past with a charismatic ambiance that emanates from the combination of grand Baroque palaces and narrow medieval lanes. Monuments decorate the city center, reflecting over 3,000 years of history and a particular golden age when the piazzas, palaces, and churches acted as the capital of the Christian World. Your private transfer will meet you at Fiumicino Airport upon your arrival and will escort you to the comfort of your accommodation.
The great pleasures of Rome will provide a spirited welcome that highlights the passion of Italian culture with traditions dedicated to art, architecture, fashion, and cuisine. The Colosseum soars above the remains of the Roman Forum, and the fountains in Piazza Navona trickle with water in pools as elaborate marble sculptures cradle them. In the evening, you will board a boat from the banks of the Tiber River and set sail on a charming evening cruise complete with a perfect view of the golden light that reflects against the stone of the antique buildings above.
Live music will play inside the dining area as it fills with the aroma of traditional Roman cuisine, such as artichokes bathed in olive oil and white wine with fresh herbs. From the deck, you will have a fabulous view of the Castel Sant’Angelo that towers over the riverbanks. The structure was erected in the second century AD as the tomb for Emperor Hadrian before successive popes transformed the edifice into an elegant fortress. The angelic figures that decorate the bridge were designed by Bernini in the seventeenth century and add an air of grace beneath the mighty walls of the castle.
Day 2 - 3
Perugia – Delight in the Scenery and Medieval Towns of Umbria
Day 4 - 6
Perugia – Discover Bountiful History in Assisi and Orvieto
Day 7 - 8
Florence – Indulge in Famous Art and Culture of Florence
Day 9 - 11
Florence - Embrace the Celebrated Charms of Tuscany
Day 12 - 13
Bologna – Uncover Eclectic History and Flavor in Emilia-Romagna
Day 14 - 16
Bologna - The Byzantine Empire to Dante Alighieri
Day 17 - 18
Rome – Revel in the Romantic Ambiance of Rome
Day 19 - 20
Rome - The Marks of Michael Angelo and the Towns of Lazio
Rome – Depart for Home
- Stand beneath the staggering frescoes crafted by Michelangelo in the Sistine Chapel
- Indulge in the delicacies of Perugia with a private food tour that will introduce you to the complex and mesmerizing flavors of locally made chocolate
- Discover the majesty of the Renaissance in Florence on a private guided tour through the Uffizi Gallery, which is home to works like Botticelli’s Birth of Venus
- Enjoy the artful methods for mastering traditional Italian cuisine during a private couple’s cooking class in Bologna
- Relish the beauty and sophistication of Rome on an elegant evening cruise along the Tiber River
- Sample the delicious, layered flavors of some of Tuscany’s most prized wines during a wine tasting at Montepulciano
- Embrace the love story of star-crossed Paolo and Francesca whose famous passion continues to attract couples to dramatic Gradara Castle
- Relax in the soothing geothermal waters of the historical hot springs in Viterbo that are surrounded by remarkable medieval and Renaissance architecture
- Explore the charming streets of Assisi with a guide for introductions to the remaining ancient ruins and gorgeous art that decorate the fascinating basilica
- Wander beneath the former arena floor of the Colosseum for a private view of the Hypogeum, offering a new perspective on Rome’s ancient history
$7,639 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.85 stars based on
Reviewed By Denny L.
Reviewed By Paisley W.
Reviewed By Garry B.
Reviewed By Fabio G.
Reviewed By David A.
Reviewed By Tim C.