Sapphire blue waters and the charms of the best resorts in Italy await you in its incomparable northwest. The scenery here is breathtaking, the weather sensational, the culture rich and the food divine. In Piedmont, Liguria and Lake Como, you’ll find history and romance, delicacy and grandeur. You’re sure to find a great time in Italy – and you might just find a new part of yourself.
Turin - Arrival in the Cradle of Italian Liberty
You land today in the rich and vibrant northern Italy. A private driver will take you to the steps of your elegant and centrally located hotel in thrilling Turin, the first capital of modern Italy and a present-day cultural and economic hub. After dropping off your luggage and recovering from your journey, you can set out to explore Turin on your own. The incredible blend of architectural styles make for an eclectic and eye-catching walk as you make your way past the city’s best-known sights. In the evening you will meet with your tour guide, who will give you an introduction to your future adventures in this incredible region.
Turin - Walking the Streets of Turin
Turin - Around Northern Italy
Santa Margherita Ligure - Asti, Ginazani and Rapallo
Santa Margherita Ligure - The Magnificent Italian Riviera
Lake Como - A Culinary Excursion and an Evening on the Lake
Lake Como - The Splendid Resort Towns of Lake Como
Milan - Returning Home
- Explore the inspiring city of Turin, a city that has been a hotspot of Italian industry and culture for centuries, from the regal Palazzo Madama to the incredible items on display at the Egyptian Museum of Turin
- Visit the singular cities and fascinating towns of northwest Italy, reveling in their glorious uniqueness, like arresting Asti and elegant Grinzane
- Experience the splendor of the Italian Riviera as you make your way through the five villages of Cinque Terre and revel in the sunshine off the blue waters of the Mediterranean
- Delight in the beauty and charm filling the shores of Lake Como and the spectacular resorts at Como and Bellagio
- Wander through the Egyptian Museum of Turin, the most important Egyptology museum outside of Cairo and home to the Book of the Dead
- Traverse one of the largest royal palaces on the planet at the Venaria in Venaria Reale
- Engage your inner epicure in Parma, one of Italy’s culinary gems, when sampling delicious Parmigiano-Reggiano
The northwest of Italy is one of the most fascinating regions in the country, filled with history and tradition, marked by striking scenery, picturesque villages and a passion and zest for life. This 8-day tour will give you the perfect introduction to the charms of this area, taking you off the beaten path and into an Italy that the guidebooks don’t even know about.
Begin your tour in Turin, where culture and commerce continue to thrive. Turin was the 2006 host of the Winter Olympics and the first capital of modern Italy. You will have three days in the European city to discover the historic marvels of the city known as the birthplace of the Italian Republic. Your private tours will take you along the tree-lined streets and into the fascinating palaces and museums, including the Museo Egizio, the largest collection of Egyptian artifacts outside of Cairo. Your exploration across Northern Italy will take you into the countryside to discover the fields and vineyards dotted with charming communities like Asti and Parma.
When you leave Turin, you will discover the beauty of the Italian Riviera and its true depiction of luxury for two nights. You can traverse the precariously perched communities of Cinque Terre in the heart of the Italian Riviera and relax on the cliffs overlooking the shores. You will also spend two lavish nights in the opulence of Lake Como in the eponymous town. Take your time exploring the alpine grandeur and enchanting architecture framed by the steep, forested slopes. These are the places in Italy that are calling your name, offering not the usual Italian vacation or the simple excursions to Rome or to Tuscany. These are the places that will offer a trip of a lifetime, a journey into the bosom of this bountiful and beautiful nation. These are the places that promise something different.
$2,195 per person (excluding international flights)
Your Zicasso trip is fully customizable, and this sample itinerary is a starting place for your travel plans. Actual costs are dynamic, and your selection of accommodations and activities, your season of travel, and other such variables will bring this budget guideline up or down. Throughout your planning experience with your Zicasso specialist, your itinerary is designed around your budget. You can book your trip when you are satisfied with every detail. Planning your trip with a Zicasso travel specialist is a free service.
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.89 stars based on 4167 reviews.
Reviewed By Michael P.
Reviewed By paulette a.
Reviewed By Jean Y.
Reviewed By Ravi O.
Reviewed By Michael B.
Reviewed By Steven B.