Jagged cliffs with curving cathedrals, the rebellious and explosive past with the promise and potential of the future, Ireland’s native sons and the people who have made her home: all are here in the astounding north of Ireland. Whatever your expectations, they are best left at home: this trip is sure to defy them all.
Ardara – Arriving in County Donegal
Land in Dublin and then catch a quick flight that will take you to the northwest corner of Ireland, County Donegal, a land of untrammeled beauty and a fierce pride of the Irish tradition, more fully on display here than in perhaps any other part of the island. Your final destination for today is Ardara, a small and quaint village near the coast of the Atlantic Ocean, affording incredible views out to sea at Loughros Point and Glengesh pass, as well as some of the finest offerings of weavings and textiles in the country. You’ll spend two nights in this charming town as you explore the rest of this fascinating area.
Ardara – Discovering Donegal
Donegal – In and Around Donegal Town
Portrush – From the Republic to the Kingdom
Belfast – A Day in County Antrim, From Bushmills to Belfast
Gweedore – The Way Up North of the Emerald Isle
Donegal – The Glory of Glenveagh
Donegal – Returning Home
- Tour the Celtic wilderness in County Donegal from Glencolumbkille to Slieve League, and tour the County’s quaint towns like Ardara and Killybegs
- Explore the oft-overlooked attractions at Donegal Town, like world-class golf, weaving exhibits and fascinating architecture
- Discover (London)Derry, a city with a rich history and a promising future, and visit one of the most bizarrely beautiful natural formations in the world: the Giant’s Causeway
- Weave your way through County Antrim, where you’ll find the world’s oldest Irish whiskey distillery, the remains of Dunlace Castle, a daring rope bridge and Belfast, the capital of Northern Ireland
- Lose yourself in the mystique of the far north of Ireland in places like Lough Swilly, Grianan Ailigh and Errigal
- Witness the primeval grandeur of Glenveagh National Park, from the peaks that crown it to the valleys that suffuse it with color
The unspoiled and underappreciated grandeur of the north of Ireland is impossible to exaggerate, and this fantastic tour is meant to introduce you to the rugged heart of this one-of-a-kind nation. For eight days, you’ll marvel at the best this area has to offer, from the natural wonders to the gorgeous works of human hands, from the wind racing over the Atlantic Ocean to the thrum of Belfast’s streets: this is the North at its finest.
Start in the Republic of Ireland, in County Donegal, where you’ll experience the climbing heights of scenery at Slieve League and Glencolumbkille. Tour Derry or Londonderry, a center of former sectarian struggle but now one of Northern Ireland’s most popular destinations. Take a cab ride through the streets of Belfast as you take in the political murals that echo the memories of the not-so-distant past, and ogle at the incredible geometry and geography of the Giant’s Causeway.
From Gaelic to English, Kingdom to Republic, North to South, you’ll find exploring the far part of Ireland an incredible experience no matter what part of the line you may find yourself. Fascinating cities and indescribable scenery meet you at every turn, and each day promises another story, or adventure, or memory waiting to be told and lived and made. And with this trip, you’ll be sure to find a certain symmetry between your soul and Ireland’s.
$3,195 per person (excluding international flights)
Your Zicasso trip is fully customizable, and this sample itinerary is a starting place for your travel plans. Actual costs are dynamic, and your selection of accommodations and activities, your season of travel, and other such variables will bring this budget guideline up or down. Throughout your planning experience with your Zicasso specialist, your itinerary is designed around your budget. You can book your trip when you are satisfied with every detail. Planning your trip with a Zicasso travel specialist is a free service.
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.84 stars based on 368 reviews.
Reviewed By WIlliam D.
Reviewed By Jenna D.
Reviewed By JEFFREY R.
Reviewed By Susan D.
Reviewed By Ellen M.
Reviewed By Kathleen U.