Like many Mediterranean countries, Greece has its fair share of pristine beaches and sun-swept islands, but this 11-day tour of the birthplace of democracy will show you another side entirely. From the Acropolis in Athens to the ancient ruins at Santorini, this handcrafted journey introduces you to what is best about each location and how they all help represent what is best of this iconic land.
Athens – The Birthplace of Democracy
Tucked along the southern end of the Greek Peninsula, Athens enjoys a unique position between land and sea and between the past and present. No better vantage point of this unique status exists than in the city center where Roman ruins stand alongside modern high-rises. Into this world you will step on your first day of this tour. After arriving at the main international airport, a comfortable transfer will ensure your timely arrival to your hotel where you will have the remainder of the day to yourself.
Athens – The Slopes of the Acropolis
Athens – Sunset from Cape Sounion
Naxos – The Greek Archipelago
Naxos – Cultural Quest of the Island
Naxos – Cruising the Cyclades
Santorini – Secrets of this Volcanic Island
Santorini – Greek Fishing Holes
Santorini – Charting Your Own Day
Santorini – Shadows of Ancient Ruins
Santorini – Departure
- Scale the slopes of the Acropolis on a tour of Athens, where the history of this vibrant city will come alive as well as its savory culinary scene
- Scan the horizon from the privileged perch of Cape Sounion, where you can witness a spectacular sunset and appreciate some stunning Greek ruins
- Explore the many archeological sites of Naxos, where collapsed columns and ruined temples are all that remains of this once-thriving civilization
- Sample the delicious varieties of wine that are proudly produced at the local vineyards, adding texture to the rugged hills of Naxos
- Discover the Small Cyclades on a catamaran tour that gives you an up-close glimpse of the island from the perspective of the Aegean Sea
- Witness the stunning volcanic origins of Santorini on a trip to the village of Oia, where panoramic views of a semi-submerged caldera will dazzle you
- Learn the secrets of Greek fishing on a guided tour of Santorini's coastline with an expert fisherman and guide who will happily entertain you with local tales
- Trek through the rugged dry brush and rock of Santorini on one of the original paths that connected the villages of Oia and Fira
- Indulge your Mediterranean thirst on a trip to a boutique winery on Santorini, where the island's proud traditions of winemaking can be seen in some spectacular vintages
$7,717 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.97 stars based on 262 reviews.
Reviewed By Sarah G.
Reviewed By Virginia J.
Reviewed By Jodie k.
Reviewed By Jordan M.
Reviewed By Jan B.
Reviewed By Colette H.