This 12-day tour of the mainland and archipelagoes of Greece introduces you to the culture and customs that keep visitors returning year after year as well as the off the beaten path trips that will make your trip distinct. From the bustle of Athens to the allure of Rhode's ancient ruins, Greece is an excellent place to witness the vibrant collision of past and present.
Athens – Begin your Athenian Adventure
Long acknowledged as the birthplace of democracy, Greece exudes a spirit of open-mindedness and civic pride that will be unmistakable as you arrive in this vibrant country. Perhaps, this is nowhere more apparent than in the bustling port city of Athens, where modern high-rises sit side-by-side with ancient ruins from the 5th Century. This cultural and historical heritage will be yours to enjoy after a short transfer from the nearby international airport after you settle into your new surroundings. The remainder of the day will remain open for you to chart your own Athenian adventure.
Athens – Touring the Ancient World
Rhodes – Island-Hopping
Rhodes – Embarking on a Walking Tour
Rhodes – The Scenic Town of Lindos
Rethymnon – Greece's Largest Island
Rethymnon – Enjoy a Scenic Trek
Rethymnon– Abandon the Beaten Path
Santorini – Volcanic Origins
Santorini – Waling through the Ages
Santorini – Private Boat Tour
Santorini – Departure
- Stand in the shadow of the Acropolis on a scenic walking tour of Athens during which the city and its ancient origins will come to life
- Embark on a foodie tour of the Athenian love affair with culinary greatness and explore the vibrant tavernas and restaurants of the city
- Explore the sun-drenched setting of Rhodes, where ancient ruins and charming locals provide an exhilarating environment
- Ponder the mysteries of the ancient world as you venture on a walking tour of Rhode's main village
- Visit the birthplace of the Minoan civilization on a visit to Crete, where sandy beaches and natural beauty offer an excellent retreat
- Plunge into the depths of the Imbros Gorge for a guided trek through this topographic wonder and enjoy some spectacular views
- Dodge the crowds of sun worshippers by leaving the beaches behind for a rustic look at Crete's interior during a private tour
- Scan the horizon from atop the caldera of a semi-submerged volcano on a visit to Santorini and witness the volcanic power responsible for the island
- Continue your appreciation of Santorini's geologic origins as you enjoy flights of local wine grown in Santorini's volcanic soil during a visit to a rustic winery
$3,115 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.97 stars based on 201 reviews.
Reviewed By Wendy C.
Reviewed By Amanda M.
Reviewed By Brad W.
Reviewed By Edward N.
Reviewed By Frank B.
Reviewed By lz c.