Submerge yourself in the cradle of Western Civilization on this 12-day tour of Greece. Visits to Athens, Santorini, Naxos, and Crete ensure that nothing is missed in each of these attractive locations. Witness the abundance of history on display, appreciate the culture of modern Greece, and enjoy this distinct corner of the Mediterranean world.
Athens – The Cradle of Western Civilization
Greece presents visitors with a remarkable combination of historic ruins, savory cuisine, and a head-spinning array of seaside villages that melt the heart and enchant the imagination. Before you step into the more rural side of Greece, the urban excitement of Athens will be yours to explore. As you stroll through the charming old town of Plaka, you can enjoy some stunning views of the Acropolis and wash the travel dust away with a glass of local Ouzo aperitif.
Athens – In the Footsteps of Socrates
Naxos – Tour of the Cyclades
Naxos – The Island's Heritage
Naxos – Island-Hopping Fun
Santorini – An Undersea Volcano
Santorini – Catamaran Cruise
Santorini – The Island's Ancient Origins
Crete – Greece's Biggest Island
Crete – The Ancient Ruins at Knossos
Crete – An Idyllic Environment
Crete – Departure
- Sample the famous Greek drink of Ouzo while basking in the evening charm of Athen's old town of Plaka
- Stroll in the footsteps of Socrates with a visit to the Agora or old town of ancient Athens, where stone hewn foundations and determined columns stand as a testament to this once-thriving civilization
- Commence your tour of the Cyclades island chain on a visit to Naxos, which offers visitors a welcoming respite from the rush of Athens
- Savor the island's heritage on a tour of Naxos, which includes visits to a traditional ceramic shop and an olive press to sample the delicious oil
- Take to the waves on a sunset cruise, during which the colors of Santorini's rugged hills will adjust as the sun disappears behind the Aegean Sea
- Taste the product of Santorini's volcanic soil on a trip to one of the island's many proud wineries to sample the fresh, local vintage
- Ponder Crete's ancient world on a trip to the famous archaeological site at Knossos, where Minoan frescos depict what early life was like on the island
- Amble along the deep passages of the Samaria Gorge, which is one of Europe's longest canyons and an example of Crete's raw natural beauty
- Visit the mountaintop stronghold of a 16th-century Venetian fortress on the islet of Gramvousa, where the old structure still stands sentinel over the mainland
$4,051 per person (excluding international flights)
Your Zicasso trip is fully customizable, and this sample itinerary is a starting place for your travel plans. Actual costs are dynamic, and your selection of accommodations and activities, your season of travel, and other such variables will bring this budget guideline up or down. Throughout your planning experience with your Zicasso specialist, your itinerary is designed around your budget. You can book your trip when you are satisfied with every detail. Planning your trip with a Zicasso travel specialist is a free service.
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.96 stars based on
Reviewed By Gary P.
Reviewed By Melissa N.
Reviewed By Shaina B.
Reviewed By Brian M.
Reviewed By Kim A.
Reviewed By john l.