This luxurious 11-day Greece tour is designed to introduce you to the rich culture, iconic heritage, and mythical origins of this legendary landscape. Make your way from Athens to Crete to Santorini for the culinary and cultural treasures of Greece, which will be yours to enjoy. Any trip to Greece is not complete without a balanced exploration of both the mainland and the scenic island chains across the Aegean Sea.
Athens – The Legendary Greek Capital
Greece boasts an illustrious past complete with competing kingdoms, legendary heroes, and stoic philosophers. The capital of Athens, in particular, saw a golden age around the 4th-century BC and, for many centuries, was the spiritual and political center of the Greek world. Today, it is a time-warped city where crumbling ruins stand shoulder-to-shoulder with modern apartments, and steaming dishes delight visitors with centuries-worth of culinary tradition. Upon your arrival to the city, you will be able to embark on a guided tour of all the must-see destinations before retiring to your luxurious accommodation.
Athens – Origins of the Acropolis
Crete – Legendary Greek Archipelago
Crete – A Proper Introduction
Crete – Strolling and Snacking Across Crete
Crete – Exploration of a Minoan Palace
Santorini – A Bronze Age Eruption
Santorini – The Cautionary Tale of Atlantis
Santorini – The Island's Natural Beauty
Athens – Exploring the Greek Capital
Athens – Departure
- Stroll the steps of the Athenian way as you mount the slops of the conspicuous Acropolis on your way to greeting the impressive Parthenon and Temple of Athena
- Munch your way through the Plaka and other districts of Athens on a walking tour designed to introduce you to the tasty secrets and savory ingredients of Greek cuisine
- Amble along the cobbled avenues and alleys of the Agora, where stoic philosophers and political thinkers laid the ideological foundation for much of the Western Civilization
- Meander between charming cafes and the Aegean Sea in Chania, where the rustic character of Crete will be revealed along with the island's varied sights and attractions
- Trek through the Cretan countryside in search of one of Europe's longest gorges to discover the abundance of natural beauty on Greece's largest island
- Indulge in the flavors of a 3-course meal at an authentic Greek taverna, where the wine is local, the cheese is fresh, and the olives were hanging from the tree yesterday
- Ponder the hidden messages and faded frescoes on display at the famous archeological site of Knossos, which was once home to the proud Minoan civilization
- Take a turn for the geologic as you visit an island formed from a massive Bronze Age eruption that shook the region to its core and may have caused Atlantis to slip beneath the waves
- Enjoy a sunset cruise in the coastal beauty of Santorini, where you can observe the abundant marine life as well as some spectacular vistas of the surrounding seascape
- Enjoy the modern bohemian character of Athens as a guide introduces you to the modern artistic and cultural heart of the Greek capital
$6,595 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.94 stars based on 35 reviews.
Reviewed By Nancy H.
Reviewed By Adel H.
Reviewed By Michael B.
Reviewed By Alok G.
Reviewed By David B.
Reviewed By Roy H.