Meander around Germany on this perfect 10-day food tour, from Rhine Valley and Black Forest flavors to Bavaria and potato dumplings. Handcrafted so that you can explore the full breadth of German flavors, these ten days include Riesling and microbreweries, Michelin dining, tiny local taverns, charming cities, and superb landscapes. This trip offers ten days of gastronomy that is often overlooked when traveling to Germany.
Rudesheim – A Leisurely Afternoon
Frankfurt is a convenient airport for both your arrival and departure, but it is not a city to linger in for long. A guide will meet you at the airport and take you to Rudesheim, which is a charming town that is perched on the Rhine River. You can check in to your hotel and take a leisurely stroll around the town. Nothing will be planned for today, other than reservations at Rudesheim’s best restaurant. Here, you can try Rheinischer Sauerbraten, which is a pot roast marinated in vinegar. This is the most typical old-world dish from the Rhine region.
Rudesheim – Private Rhine River Wine Tasting Cruise
Day 3 - 4
Baiersbronn – The Town of Seven Michelin Stars
Lake Constance – Wine in the Alps
Munich – Authentic Bavarian Cuisine
Munich – Full-Day Munich Beer Tour
Nuremberg – Franconian Baking and Brewing
Rothenburg – Franconian Cooking Class
Frankfurt – Departure
- Feast on two very different tasting menus in a Black Forest town that is home to seven Michelin stars
- Taste the finest German Rieslings on a private wine tasting cruise along the Rhine River
- Immerse yourself in Bavarian food and beer during two days of traditional tasting in Munich
- Sample rare regional delicacies, such as Swabian pasta and cheese, Bavarian Schweinshaxe, and Rhine Valley Rheinischer Sauerbraten
- Learn the secrets of Franconian gastronomy with two cooking classes — one baking gingerbread and the other making a bratwurst and sauerkraut pie
- Sample traditional potato dumplings in Rothenberg, which is a very traditional dish, along the Romantic Road
- Travel with a culinary guide, benefit from their local knowledge, and go behind the scenes of Germany’s food scene
$2,995 per person (excluding international flights)
Your Zicasso trip is fully customizable, and this sample itinerary is a starting place for your travel plans. Actual costs are dynamic, and your selection of accommodations and activities, your season of travel, and other such variables will bring this budget guideline up or down. Throughout your planning experience with your Zicasso specialist, your itinerary is designed around your budget. You can book your trip when you are satisfied with every detail. Planning your trip with a Zicasso travel specialist is a free service.
The starting price is based on travel during the low season for a minimum of two travelers staying in shared 3-star accommodations. Please inquire for a custom trip quote based on your travel preferences and travel dates.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.88 stars based on 365 reviews.
Reviewed By Kenneth F.
Reviewed By Jacie D.
Reviewed By Theodore C.
Reviewed By Nancy C.
Reviewed By Nazanin S.
Reviewed By elliot z.