The scenic beauty and rich culture of Provence and Paris are yours to enjoy on this 11-day tour through some of France's most breathtaking regions. From the iconic Eiffel Tower to the scenic banks of the Rhone River, a blend of small-town charm and urban thrills will ensure a balanced exploration of each community you visit.
Avignon – Orientation in the Heart of Provence
After your arrival to the French capital, your first day in the country will be highlighted by a high speed train ride from Paris to your destination of Avignon, which is tucked away in the heart of Provence. As the scenic countryside of France flits by your window, you should keep your eyes peeled for the crumbling castles and scenic chateaus that lend this landscape its distinct timelessness. When you arrive in Avignon, you will have the remainder of the day to explore its scenic neighborhoods and orient yourself to the town's relaxing pace.
Avignon – Amble Through the Ages
Avignon – Day Trip Into the Highlands
Avignon – Exciting Bicycle Excursion
Avignon – A Savory Cooking Course
Paris – A European Capital
Paris – Rocking to the Waves on the Seine
Paris – Walking in the Footsteps of Picasso
Paris – The Art World's Most Famous Smile
Paris – The High Society of Marais
Paris – Departure
- Amble along the majestic banks of the Rhone River and ponder the mysterious half-bridge of Avignon that spans the waterway and offers a curious glimpse of the town's tumultuous past
- Stretch your legs on a guided walking tour of the city center of Avignon, where the Pope's Palace, city squares, and Gothic architecture stand testament to the community's origins
- Village-hop your way through the Luberon highlands after departing the urban charm of Avignon for the breathtaking beauty of rural Provence
- Feel the wind in your hair on a self-guided bicycle tour of the Alpilles Mountains, where olive orchards, lush lavender fields, and rustic villages will be just some of the picturesque sights you enjoy
- Roll up your sleeves for a cooking course that will show you the ingredients, recipes, and secret traditions of French cuisine
- Stand in the shadow of Notre-Dame Cathedral in the middle of Paris's only island
- Enjoy a bird's eye view of Paris from the lofty heights of the Eiffel tower and watch the city spread out before your eyes
- Take to the waves for a scenic cruise on the Seine River that will allow you to enjoy an uncommon perspective of the city's main neighborhoods and stunning architecture
- Plunge into the abundant and inspired artwork on display at the Louvre, where Picasso, Monet, and Da Vinci are just some of the familiar artistic masters you will enjoy
$3,185 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.63 stars based on 90 reviews.
Reviewed By Nancy J.
Reviewed By Robert B.
Reviewed By Ann W.
Reviewed By Carolyn R.
Reviewed By Jenna W.
Reviewed By Joan W.