Cruise across the Finnish countryside on this lavish 9-day Finland self-drive tour from the old towns near Lappeenranta to the sensational scenes circling Anttolanhovi and Lake Saimaa. The magnificent Finnish forests, breathtaking blue lakes, and captivating cultural cities and towns showcase their vibrance and history during excursions to towering peaks, riverside cafés, religious monuments, and inspiring nature reserves around Lappeenranta, Imatra, Joensuu, and Anttolanhovi.
Lappeenranta - Explore Finnish Old Towns
Your cultural and nature tour of Finland will begin outside of Porvoo, where you will hire a rental car at the airport and take your time driving from town to town en route to your destination, Lappeenranta. Porvoo is a historic Finnish town where poets and artists would come to find inspiration, and you will experience the 1900s charm as you visit red wooden warehouses and cafés along Porvoo River’s waters edge. Then, continue to Langinkoski Imperial Fishing Lodge before you arrive at the award-winning parks and gardens of Kotka. Your tour will end at a lavish lodge in Lappeenranta.
Lappeenranta - The Fortress, Lake Saimaa, and Beyond
Imatra - An Art Nouveau Castle and Crown Park
Joensuu - Adventures in the Fabulous Finnish Wilderness
Joensuu - Climbing in Koli National Park
Anttolanhovi - Culinary Customs and Antique Architecture
Anttolanhovi - Travel Anttolanhovi at Leisure
Anttolanhovi - World War II History in Finland
Anttolanhovi - Illustrious Snowy Scenes at Lahti
- Wander the Old Towns of Finland, including Porvoo and Kotka, to admire the distinct Karelian architecture and indulge in the regional cuisine
- Tour the historic museums and landmarks of Lappeenranta Fortress before you cruise across the stunning Saimaa Canal to Lake Saimaa
- Spend an evening in the comfort of a luxurious Art Nouveau castle, and then gallivant through the green forests of Crown Park Nature Reserve
- Explore the great Finnish countryside from the sparkling waters of Punkaharju lakes to the Finnish Forest Museum Lusto and the floral sanctuary, Punkaharju arboretum
- Climb the dusty mountain trails and winding pathways beneath the flourishing Koli National Park canopy and spot indigenous wildlife along the way
- Discover ancient traditions of Joensuu exploring the Market Place, the Artisan’s Quarter, the architecture of Taitokortteli, and the New Valamo Monastery in Heinävesi
- Amble the ancient pathways of Neitvuori in Anttolanhovi to capture the views of Lake Saimaa, fish in the tranquil waters, or devour delectable local delicacies on the banks
- Unpack the World War II history in Finland as you visit the Olavinlinna Castle, Mikkeli Headquarters Museum, and more in the charming towns of Mikkeli and Savonlinna
$3,775 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.75 stars based on
Reviewed By Kelly L.
Reviewed By Tara D.
Reviewed By Gina R.
Reviewed By Susan C.
Reviewed By Ingrid B.
Reviewed By Mary J.