In this 2-week best of England tour you will explore the fantastical world hidden in charming cities and the countryside. England conjures legends of King Arthur and famous castles, enchanting villages with thatched-roof cottages and reflective lakes nestled into the foothills of rolling mountains. Roman ruins continue to decorate hillsides. Mysterious stone circles are set with a curious presence. Stained glass windows brighten cathedrals. Whether roaming through London or discovering the opulence...
Bath – Finding Bath
Georgian architecture fills the city of Bath, lining cobbled streets and decorating lush parks. The aroma of blossoming flowers spills over iron wrought fences in the spring. In the winter the sidewalks are lightly dusted with snow. The city has an undeniable elegance winding around the canals. River cruisers meander through the cityscape around Roman hot springs and underneath church spires. You land in London, and are quickly whisked away to the enchantment of Bath, a city with the most historically recognized and preserved buildings in all of England.
When you arrive, you find the creamy complexion of bathstone bordering the streets, creating the foundation and structure of historic buildings. Quality local British shops fill Stall and Union Street, where the aroma of caramel accompanies the glistening shop windows of jewelry shops. The central streets resemble hanging gardens, with flowers dangling from gas lamps, and storefronts blossoming with rich hues against the cream colored stones. You settle in to your charming and luxurious accommodation set in the heart of the city.
Bath – Beyond Georgian and into Roman
Bath – Kings of Legend
Lacock – Medieval Fancy
Cotswolds – Quintessential England
Cotswolds – Castle Panorama
Caernafon – Seeing Wales
Windermere – A Special Touch of Lakes
Windermere – Lakes at Leisure
York – Visiting the Wall
York – Watching the Glass
London – Landing in London
London – Matters of the Crown
London – Leaving London
- Experience the tranquil charm of traditional English villages set in the lush countryside
- Witness Roman hot springs and elegant Georgian architecture in the beautiful city of Bath
- Discover the mysterious ambiance of the Glastonbury Tor, where legend tells of Cetlic gods and the Isle of Avalon
- Visit the extravagant Blenheim Palace where Winston Churchill was born
- Stroll through the stunning medieval preserved town of Lacock
- Enjoy the lush trees, verdant grasses, and reflective waters of the famous Lakes District
- Marvel at the storybook image of Caernarfon Castle in Wales
- Wander around a Roman auxiliary fort and magnificent Hadrian’s Wall
- Bask in the colorful stained-glass of the York Minster Abbey
- Revel in a Beefeater guided tour of the Tower of London
$4,895 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.89 stars based on 337 reviews.
Reviewed By Thomas D.
Reviewed By Kathy K.
Reviewed By Valerie B.
Reviewed By Stephanie S.
Reviewed By Luther N.
Reviewed By Rachel P.