Paris and London are so much more than postcards. Millennia of culture plays out, and you’re invited to go behind the scenes. Explore bohemian neighborhoods, Parisian bistros, private art collections, and antiquated streets. There’s so much to experience when you go inside the cultures. Led by specialist city guides, this ten-day tour looks beyond the Eiffel Tower and Big Ben, into two cities packed with secrets and salubrious discoveries.
Paris – Getting Settled in the 19th Century
Land in Paris and take your first steps along the cobbled stone. Aromas seep out from bakeries and bistros; everyday buildings have a dedication to the ornate; church bells chime as chatter emanates from an alfresco terrace. Your hotel is amid Paris from the 19th century, a web of narrow streets framed by extravagant architecture. Its beauty and charm are such that you can see why the locals were so unhappy with the Eiffel Tower; the tower can be found downriver and is a sharp contrast to the style of the neighborhood you are staying in. You’re transferred to the hotel and have this day free. Wander the 19th-century neighborhood, take a stroll along the Seine, sample Parisian delicacies, and settle yourself into the City of Lights.
Paris – Art and Icons Along the Right Bank of the Seine
Paris – Bohemian Neighborhoods of the Seine’s Left Bank
Paris – Inside the Culture of Parisian Food
Paris – Behind the Scenes of Versailles and Final Evening in Paris
London – Antiquated Beauty Sets the Scene
London – Private Collections, Unusual Museums, and Artists' Homes
London – Neighborhoods From a Forgotten Era
London – Departure
- Explore some of the world’s most magnificent art galleries; specialist art guides revealing hidden gems and forgotten stories in the Louvre, Tate Britain, and National Gallery
- Discover neighborhoods that look and feel like past centuries, from the chic and bohemian atmosphere of Paris’s left bank to the Georgian streets of Mayfair.
- Go behind the scenes at the Palace of Versailles, then compare the extravagance with Buckingham Palace and the Palace of Westminster
- Food is integral to Parisian culture, and you’ll learn why: chocolatiers, macarons in Saint-Germain, cheese and wine bistros plus unforgettable bakeries
- London is a famous city full of secrets, and you’ll continually go off the beaten track, expert guides showing you the intriguing every day and the extraordinary medieval stories
- Travel between Paris and London is fast and simple with a first-class Eurostar train ticket
- All tours are private and led by the cities’ finest guides, those that will bypass the crowds at the Big Ben and the Eiffel Tower to show you the real culture of these capital cities
- Over the ten days, you have time to find the famous icons for yourself, like cruising the River Seine with champagne in hand
$4,090 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.87 stars based on 113 reviews.
Reviewed By Danielle B.
Reviewed By Renee F.
Reviewed By Tanya D.
Reviewed By Rhonda W.
Reviewed By Rachel G.
Reviewed By Dana B.