Blending city sites with beach time and wildlife enchantment, this 10-day Australia kangaroo safari has been expertly handcrafted for families. Spend three days in Melbourne with koalas and Aboriginal art, three days on a Kangaroo Island wilderness safari, and four days of discovering the best of urban and natural Sydney. Expect sublime family experiences with authentic Australia.
Melbourne – Along the Coast
You will touch down in Melbourne, and your private driver will greet you at the airport and transfer you to your beachside hotel in the south of the city. Here, there is space for your children to play and for you to escape from the bustle of inner-city life. Today will be at your leisure, and you may need a free day to overcome any jet lag and travel fatigue. Melbourne is a long way from home, so rest up and relax before your Australia kangaroo safari begins tomorrow.
Melbourne – Wild Koalas and Kangaroos
Melbourne – Aboriginal Art Experience
Kangaroo Island – Wildlife and Wilderness
Kangaroo Island – Wildlife Safari on Land
Kangaroo Island – Beautiful Marine Safari
Sydney – Climbing Sydney Harbour Bridge
Sydney – Encounters with Australia’s Marsupials
Sydney – In the Blue Mountains
Sydney – Departure
- Get up-close and personal with rescued kangaroos and koalas during a day in a wildlife sanctuary near Sydney
- Immerse your family in an untouched wilderness with a three-day wildlife safari on Kangaroo Island
- Escape from your everyday schedule with beautiful beachfront accommodations in both Melbourne and Sydney
- Admire wild kangaroo mobs as they hop past you in the Blue Mountains and on Kangaroo Island
- Take your safari to another level with a day of marine encounters, including safe snorkeling and spotting seals from a boat
- Climb the steel frame of Sydney Harbour Bridge with your family
- Discover the world of Aboriginal art and paint your own narrative during a morning with an Aboriginal artist
- Uncover wildlife complexities as you learn how to identify different kangaroo species and where to find koalas in the wild
$2,495 per person (excluding international flights)
Your Zicasso trip is fully customizable, and this sample itinerary is a starting place for your travel plans. Actual costs are dynamic, and your selection of accommodations and activities, your season of travel, and other such variables will bring this budget guideline up or down. Throughout your planning experience with your Zicasso specialist, your itinerary is designed around your budget. You can book your trip when you are satisfied with every detail. Planning your trip with a Zicasso travel specialist is a free service.
The starting price is based on travel during the low season for a minimum of two travelers staying in shared 3-star accommodations. Please inquire for a custom trip quote based on your travel preferences and travel dates.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.84 stars based on 1756 reviews.
Reviewed By Erica B.
Reviewed By Robert S.
Reviewed By mike a.
Reviewed By sue w.
Reviewed By George L.
Reviewed By Stephanie A.