Beaches glisten beneath the moonlight, and sounds echo through alleyways of coral houses. Wild dolphins will play as you swim alongside them, and tropical colors will greet you at spice plantations and reefs. Welcome to the most exotic island of them all, where white sand escapism meets ancient heritage in the Indian Ocean. This one-week tour covers Zanzibar’s key highlights, having you stay at beaches on two sides of the island with three nights in Stone Town as well.
Zanzibar Town to Nungwe – White Sand and Escapism
Small coral cliffs will provide the jagged backdrop to Nungwe’s sand, with the beach turning into a series of bays at high tide. At low tide, you can walk for hours. When the water rises, it creates privacy as each beach becomes cut off from the next. Your resort hotel will be perched on these coral cliffs, with barefoot access to the sand and plenty of sunny and shady spaces to lounge throughout the day. It will be a one-hour transfer from Zanzibar’s only airport, and from this northern tip, the Indian Ocean will seem endless. Just gaze out and soak up the views, especially when the tide comes in and the turquoise colors come so near.
Nungwe – Snorkeling and Sunset on a Traditional Wooden Dhow
Stone Town – History and Mystique of Zanzibar’s Old Town
Stone Town – Full Day Archipelago Cruise
Stone Town – Spice Tour with Village Visit and Cooking Workshop
Dongwe – Swimming with Dolphins
Dongwe – The Beauty of Doing Nothing at All
Dongwe to Zanzibar Town – Departure
- Cruise the Indian Ocean at sunset on a traditional wooden dhow
- Escape to absolute serenity with two days on the white sand of Dongwe, which is located on Zanzibar’s southeastern coastline
- Explore the secrets of Stone Town with a walking tour through enchantingly narrow streets
- Discover why Zanzibar is known as the Spice Island, visiting the plantations that use fresh spices in a cooking workshop
- Spend a day on a private archipelago cruise, luxuriating in the islands’ beauty
- Visit some of Zanzibar’s best snorkeling spots and feast your eyes on all the underwater colors
- Go swimming with dolphins in Kizimkazi and walk through the forest with red colobus monkeys in Jozani
- Start your Zanzibar getaway with two days in Nungwe, which is the island’s most indulgent and relaxed northern tip
$8,107 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.91 stars based on
Reviewed By Brent S.
Reviewed By Vishala R.
Reviewed By marion g.
Reviewed By Philip A.
Reviewed By Anne-Marie D.
Reviewed By Drishti Y.