Experience the visual euphoria of Northern Tanzania on this 13-day safari adventure. Tailor-made for photo enthusiasts, this itinerary will bring indelible close-ups, unforgettable panoramas, and inspiring natural scenes. Explore six different national parks and gently succumb to the natural charms of Tanzania's untamed wildernesses. Then relive it all on your camera roll.
Arusha - Your African Adventure Begins
You will land at Kilimanjaro Airport in Arusha to start your African adventure. On a clear day, the views from the lodge are outstanding, the snow-capped peaks of Kilimanjaro and Mt Meru towering over the surrounding savannah. With birds singing from the lush treetops, this is an idyllic place to overcome any jet lag. As you settle into Tanzania you'll notice that everything moves with a relaxed rhythm. Enjoy a guided bird-watching walk, go horseback riding through the vivid landscape, or take a canoe onto the serene Lake Duluti.
Tanzania's indelible mammals make their first appearance with, giraffes, and zebras greeting you on a full day game drive through Arusha National Park. First day safaris are always a bit of a blur, the day racing by as Africa's great wildlife is seen in the flesh for the first time. Everyone has seen photos or video before. But it's different to see it all from just a few meters away. Buffalos stare and stamp their hooves, showing off their one-ton frames and bushy hair. Black and white Colobus monkeys and blue monkeys swing through branches, showing remarkable agility as they cheekily pass by. And giraffes really are taller than the trees.
Day 2 - 3
Tarangire National Park - Immersed in the Wonders
Lake Manyara - The Majestic Lake Manyara
Day 5 - 6
Lake Eyasi - Nature and Culture
Ngorongoro Crater - The Coffee Farms of the Great Rift Valley
Ngorongoro Crater - The Remarkable World
Day 9 - 10
Southern Serengeti - Spectacular Show
Day 11 - 12
Western Serengeti - Exploring Western Corridor
Arusha - Return to Arusha and Depart from Tanzania
- Marvel at the Great Wildebeest Migration as two million mammals cross the Serengeti, and gaze down on it from your private verandah, then admire the scenes on a breathtaking game drive
- Cross the vast plains of the Serengeti and enjoy two nights in both the eastern and western corridors of the planet's most spectacular park
- Watch great elephant herds roam past the ancient baobab trees of Tarangire National Park, then spot tree-climbing lions reclining on broad acacia branches
- Meander through the mystical Lake Manyara forest, each turn bringing a close encounter, then gaze across the floodplains to find lions, giraffe, buffalo, and herds of watchful antelope
- Be dazzled by the colors of Tanzania's diverse birds, over 600 different species are easily spotted on this unique itinerary, everything from soaring eagles to raucous hornbills and delightful lovebirds
- Descend into the Ngorongoro Crater and spend a day surrounded by lion prides, black rhinos, wading hippos, and Africa's largest elephants
- Go out on a hunter-gatherer experience with indigenous Hadzape Bushmen, crossing Lake Eyasi and admiring the remarkable ancient skills of these lost tribes
- Enjoy exclusive accommodation throughout, each lodge and camp combining effortless comfort with a complete immersion in nature
$8,445 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.91 stars based on 358 reviews.
Reviewed By Richard S.
Reviewed By marion g.
Reviewed By Jacqueline H.
Reviewed By Joe R.
Reviewed By Juli D.
Reviewed By Dave F.