From Madrid to Galicia, you will travel back in time on this handcrafted 11-day tour to the spirited shores of Spain. In Madrid, history is captured in the architectural details that dominate the cityscape, and in Caceres, the contradictions in styles and conventions showcase the blend of influences in culture. In Santiago de Compostela, cathedrals spotlight Spain’s deep spiritual roots. Unravel Spain's intriguing heritage on this historical tour.
Madrid - Spain’s Golden Metropolis
A golden metropolis that shimmers underneath the sun, Madrid is a marvelous Spanish destination that boasts exquisite European art and architecture. Beneath its skyline, you will find a community that is closely interwoven with its artistic heritage and that appreciates traditional cuisine. After touching down at the international airport, you will comfortably transfer to your elegant accommodation with the city’s fascinating culture and heritage sites at your doorstep. You can spend the evening strolling through the spirited avenues or relaxing on your balcony.
Madrid - Through the Cityscape
Extremadura - The Wilderness and Stars
Caceres - Spanish Castles
Caceres - Architectural Contradictions
Salamanca - The World’s Greatest Ham
Salamanca - The Origins of Spanish Education
Vigo - Antoni Gaudi’s Legacy
Santiago de Compostela - Spanish Seafood
Santiago de Compostela - The Spirit of Santiago
Santiago de Compostela - Departure
- Tour Madrid’s fabled landmarks, such as the Prado Museum, which offers insight into the history of this iconic destination
- Enter the Spanish wilderness through the green gates of Monfrague National Park and witness the constellations above Extremadura
- Uncover the spiritual significance of the Knights Templars among the castles and medieval constructs between Extremadura and Caceres
- Admire the architectural distinctions of Caceres, which reveal a great deal of insight into the contradictory influences of Spanish heritage
- Travel to the bewitching Dehesa region, the only place in the world to raise pure Iberian pigs, and taste some of the world’s greatest Pata Negra Ham
- Privately tour Salamanca and its surroundings in addition to visiting iconic landmarks, such as the oldest university in the country
- Capture images of the Bishop’s Palace of Astorga, one of the very pieces of work by Antoni Gaudi outside of Catalonia
- Cruise across the water of Galicia to the Galician fjords for bewildering vistas of the breathtaking landscape and to indulge in some of Spain’s finest seafood
- Enter the phenomenal grounds of the Santiago de Compostela Cathedral, a truly inspiring spiritual complex of grand significance
$6,430 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.78 stars based on
Reviewed By Lena F.
Reviewed By Idelsy I.
Reviewed By Cheryl K.
Reviewed By Wendy C.
Reviewed By kJ M.
Reviewed By Richard A.