Silver service dining as elephants wander below, relaxed two-hour game drives revealing the Big Five and more, luxurious lodge accommodation celebrating the authenticity of the wild; the Kruger’s private reserves are perfect for senior travelers on their first visit to Africa. With this two-destination Kruger safari, you travel in style, exploring at a relaxed pace and uncovering all the famous wonders. It reveals the beauty of Africa without having to jump from your comfort zone.
Timbavati Game Reserve – Embark on a Rich Wildlife Journey
Picture an African safari and so many images swirl around. Perhaps zebras galloping into the distance, elephants locking trunks at a waterhole, or the flowing mane of a grandiose male lion? Or maybe your safari daydreams feature hippos along the river, giraffes wandering past the vehicle, or a leopard hiding high in a tree? Timbavati responds to all these preconceptions and much more. Located on the western side of the Greater Kruger ecosystem and sharing an unfenced boundary with Kruger National Park, this is a game reserve that offers a wonderful diversity of wildlife. Such a varied roll call of animals makes it a perfect first-time safari destination. Even on the game drive from the airstrip to the lodge, you’re likely to encounter many of the animals from the top of your wish list.
Your international flight lands at O. R. Tambo International in Johannesburg, Africa’s largest airport. After clearing immigration, you transfer onto a local flight to the Timbavati Airstrip, where you’re picked up in an open-sided safari vehicle. It’s a thrilling journey to your luxury safari camp accommodation, one that may even include the complete Big Five. Sit down to a sumptuous lunch then spend an hour or two relaxing in your suite. Then an afternoon game drive continues the relaxed unraveling of wild Africa, leading you past elephants, lions, buffalos, zebras, and giraffes. Returning for sundowners, you’ll already know how to recognize up to half a dozen different antelope species. After dinner in the traditional boma (covered meeting place), you drift off to sleep, already excited about tomorrow’s game drive.
Timbavati Game Reserve – Settling Into the Rhythm of Luxury Safari
Day 3 - 4
Timbavati Game Reserve – Relaxed Luxury Safari in a Private Reserve
Sabi Sands Game Reserve – Sublime Aerial Safari and the Beauty of the Sabi Sands
Day 6 - 7
Sabi Sands Game Reserve – Charming Big Five Encounters
Johannesburg – Depart for Home
- Uncover all the wonders of an African safari, like big cats hunting their prey and huge herds congregating at the waterhole
- Travel slowly through the wilderness, the relaxed pace perfect for enjoying all the delights of the Big Five animals and more
- Customize your program of game drives, tailoring each day to suit your mood and interests
- Safari in style, with two beautiful bush lodges that combine modern luxury with the authenticity of big-game Africa
- Settle into the charming rhythm of a luxury safari with four nights in Timbavati Game Reserve, a compact and private enclave that’s perfect for a first-time visit to Africa.
- Unravel all the complexities of the Bushveld with three nights in the world-famous Sabi Sands Game Reserve, where encounters with the Big Five fill every game drive
- Celebrate the serenity of the wild and spend the evenings listening to nature’s orchestra
- Luxurious extras take the safari to a new level, like silver service dining in the bush and the healing magic of a traditional African massage
- Cruise above the Greater Kruger in a light aircraft, an enchanting journey that minimizes travel time and reveals the aerial wonders of a world-famous wilderness
$8,419 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.94 stars based on
Reviewed By greg s.
Reviewed By Kandace B.
Reviewed By Hamish K.
Reviewed By Paula Z.
Reviewed By Andy J.
Reviewed By Jennie R.