Highly authentic and vested in the local culture, this adventurous, two-week tour celebrates experiences that are yet to make the guidebooks. Venture off the beaten track in South Africa, and you will unravel the threads of a Rainbow Nation. Think Xhosa lifestyles, Zulu traditions, Bushman art, township culture, and enchanting histories that are narrated by specialist guides. Trek to the world’s second-highest waterfall, lounge on Durban beaches, and uncover the cradle of humankind.
Johannesburg - A Reinvented City Center
Central Johannesburg has reinvented itself over the last decade, mostly due to small, independent businesses and pop-up establishments. Once-derelict areas have become thriving social hubs, where boutiques and cafes meet with breweries and street art. You will be able to feel a high-paced city energy as you begin to explore the strands of the Rainbow Nation. After your airport transfer, you will spend the remaining afternoon and evening around these vibrant areas, including the Maboneng precinct. This will prove an ideal introduction to the country’s multicultural spirit and modern verve.
Johannesburg - Exploring the Cradle of Humankind
Drakensberg - Rock Art in South Africa’s Mountain Range
Drakensberg - Hiking to Tugela Falls
Drakensberg - A Day Trip to Lesotho
Durban - Traditional Zulu Culture
Durban - Discovering a Cultural Legacy
Port St Johns - First Impressions of the Transkei
Port St Johns - Indian Ocean Beaches and Rolling Hills
Port St Johns - At Home With Xhosa Culture
Cape Town - Sunset from Kloof Corner
Cape Town - Bo Kaap and District Six
Cape Town - Art and Change on the Woodstock Streets
Cape Town - Departure
- Connect with a traditional Xhosa culture during your three days in the Transkei region
- Trek to the world’s second-highest waterfall: Tugela Falls in the Drakensberg
- Explore the colorful history of Bo Kaap, District Six, and Woodstock, which are three unique Cape Town neighborhoods
- Discover the Zulu way of life by visiting a rural, KwaZulu-Natal community
- Surround yourself with ancient stories when exploring rock art in the Drakensberg
- Wander along a historical trail through Soweto and follow in the footsteps of Nelson Mandela
- Bask in a day spent in Lesotho, which is a mountainous kingdom that is completely off the beaten track
- Lounge on Durban beaches and feast on the city’s multicultural heritage
- Marvel at the sunset from a secret point on Table Mountain
- Uncover the Cradle of Humankind, which is home to 40% of the world’s hominid fossils
$8,185 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.94 stars based on
Reviewed By Edward S.
Reviewed By Traci G.
Reviewed By Cathy C.
Reviewed By Kathleen S.
Reviewed By Parham G.
Reviewed By Vickie F.