Experience the best of Portugal in regal fashion as you tour highlight destinations, wallow in luxury adventures, and embrace the majesty of the country’s culture as you spend 17 days exploring the regality on offer. From charming hideaway towns overflowing with historic elegance to staggering seascapes viewed from sweeping geothermal landscapes, the beauty and culture of Portugal await your discovery.
Coimbra - A Piece of History in Óbidos
Arriving in the city of Lisbon, you will take your first steps on Portuguese soil before being collected by your private transfer and taken through to Coimbra for the evening. Along the way, you will make a stop at the charming town of Óbidos. White-washed buildings will compose the town’s low-hanging skyline and bougainvilleas will decorate the window sills of quaint homes peppering its modest districts. Within its medieval walls, culture is preserved and you will come to appreciate your quiet arrival as you peruse the light-flooded town squares and heritage sites including the century-old Batalha Monastery.
Coimbra - Ancient Knowledge of Portugal
Porto - Stylistic Features of Ílhavo and Aveiro
Porto - Cultural Gems of the City
Porto - Roman Origins and the Birth of Portugal
Lamego - Astonishing Scenes in Amarante
Lamego - Dazzling Vintages of the Douro Valley
Évora - The City of the Knights Templar
Évora - Moorish Ancestry and the Spirit of Évora
Lisbon - Animal Sightings in the Arrábida Natural Park
Lisbon - Cultural and Culinary Customs
Lisbon - Romance on the Sintra Mountain
Ponta Delgada - Set Course for São Miguel
Ponta Delgada - Picture-Perfect Moments on the Sete Cidades
Ponta Delgada - Cauldrons Cooking in the Caldera
Ponta Delgada - Cetacean Sightings Off the Azores
Ponta Delgada - Tchau to Portugal
- Admire medieval constructs and century-old heritage sites, such as the iconic Batalha Monastery, as you peruse the historic districts of the quaint town Óbidos
- Flip through the pages of ancient Portugal as you explore the knowledge housed in archaic heritage sites speckling Coimbra, including the Coimbra University and the Joanine Library
- Marvel at the cultural creations peppering Porto, from the extraordinary art of the São Bento Station to the distinct baroque architecture of the Clérigos Tower, as you extensively tour the city
- Discover the origins of the Roman Empire and trace back the birth of Portugal as a country as you explore both Braga and Guimarães respectively
- Embrace the glorious natural wonders of the Douro Valley as you sip on an assortment of prestigious wines and ports meticulously crafted at elite estates poised in the viridian valley
- Spend an afternoon exploring the wondrous wilderness of the Arrábida Natural Park, from its chalk-white cliffs hanging over the sapphire sea to the olive-green forests where endemic creatures reside
- Soar to the summit of the Sintra Mountains and get lost in the Romantic Era before relishing a gourmet traditional Fado dinner experience
- Venture across the Sete Cidades to witness the remarkable giant craters and mesmerizing lakes of São Miguel, including the Verde and Azul lagoons as well as the Caldeira Velha
- Indulge in a traditional Cozido nas Caldeiras, a Portuguese stew cooking in cauldrons in the bubbling geothermal ground of Furnas, on the island of São Miguel
- Encounter sightings of whales and other cetaceans that live in the sea off the shores of the Azores as you set sail across the waves with your knowledgeable captain
$12,150 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.99 stars based on
Reviewed By Anne B.
Reviewed By Gayle L.
Reviewed By Catherine B.
Reviewed By Cheryl B.
Reviewed By Alin S.
Reviewed By Chelsea V.