Islands and fjords, northern lights and polar bears, welcome to the archipelago at the end of the world. Explore Svalbard on an expedition cruise with mighty mountains, nesting birds, glacier crossing, kayaking fjords, and entering the high Arctic. Traveling within 620 miles of the North Pole, this tour takes you through a wild and wondrous landscape, where you are humbled by nature and feel the diaphanous beauty of a vanishing world.
Longyearbyen – A Charming Town Surrounded by Wilderness
The adventure begins, flying north from Oslo to the Arctic. Longyearbyen awaits, a small town between fjord and forest. While the surrounding landscape feels old and untouched, Svalbard’s main town has a modern facade, with contemporary architecture draped around the waterfront. It can seem like a strange juxtaposition, the wilderness surrounding such a modern urban landscape. However, it works well for your first night in Svalbard. The adventure is just beginning to settle into the modern amenities, glimpsing the fjords and snow world that exists beyond the waterfront. Now is the time to rest and relax, for there’s so much to come once you embark on the MS Fram.
Longyearbyen – Two Urban Sides to the Arctic
Kongsfjorden – Cruising Through the Fjords on MS Fram
Mitrahalvoya – Crossing a Glacier and Encountering Reindeer
Liefdefjord – Hiking, Kayaking and Sublime Arctic Landscapes
Eastern Svalbard – Searching for Polar Bears and Journeys in Nature Reserves
Eastern Svalbard – Exploring Edgeoya and Cultural Heritage of Kapp Lee
Hornsund – Spitsbergen’s Southernmost Tip and Ice through the Fjord
Phippsoya – Into the High Arctic
Bellsund – Sounds and Fjords and Mountains
Isfjord – Discovering Svalbard’s Most Prominent Fjord System
Oslo – Departure
- Sail above 80 degrees north to the ice edges of the Arctic Ocean, just 620 miles from the North Pole
- Discover the land of the polar bear, watching them drift past on the ice or occupy high Arctic lands
- Walk across glaciers and become one with the ice, Svalbard a white world that’s beautiful to view and touch
- Cruise through countless fjords and witness mighty icebergs
- Travel on a contemporary cruise ship that’s been designed to provide comfort in polar waters
- Hike across uninhabited islands and kayak through shallow fjords (optional)
- Discover Svalbard’s cultural history, including blubber ovens, a Russian village and the serene town of Longyearbyen
- Spend time amid Eastern Svalbard Nature Reserve and South Spitsbergen National Park, where there’s an improbable congregation of wildlife
- Catch a glimpse of the aurora borealis
$14,035 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.85 stars based on
Reviewed By Elizabeth G.
Reviewed By Brad S.
Reviewed By Lynn H.
Reviewed By Erika D.
Reviewed By Sharene H.
Reviewed By Larissa S.