Luxury and exploration will highlight diverse landscapes and timeless adventures during your 14-day best of New Zealand tour. Tropical islands in the north will juxtapose the mist-covered fiords of the south. Vineyards will blanket the hills leading to dramatic coastlines. Glaciers will tumble through mountain passes and calve into glassy lakes. Maori culture and remarkable scenery will highlight history as you discover the best of the North and South islands.
Auckland – Exploring the Waterfront
Land in Auckland and you may find it hard to believe that this is New Zealand’s biggest city. Yachts lull in the harbor as hills poke up to dominate the cityscape. The waters are blue and inviting, and though a third of the country lives here the urban landscape is dwarfed by nature. This is just the beginning of the New Zealand experience as you have landed in a country where nature writes the script. Today it will be a coastline narrative as you check into your waterfront hotel and explore the promenade as popup cafes juxtapose with sailing yachts. Islands jut out along the horizon, and you will find the laid-back culture of a land cast adrift in the South Pacific.
Auckland – Day Trip to Waiheke Island
Rotorua – The Movie Set and a Maori Evening
Rotorua – Outdoor Adventure and Mud Pools
Lake Taupo – Waterfalls and Geothermals
Wellington – Culture and Character in the Capital
Blenheim – Marlborough Sounds and Wine Tasting
Abel Tasman National Park – The Beaches and Coastline
Greymouth – Blowholes and Paparoa
Franz Josef Glacier – Heli Hike on a Glacier
Wanaka – Mt. Aspiring National Park
Queenstown – Relaxing Along Lake Wakatipu
Milford Sound – Milford Sound Overnight Trip
Queenstown – Departure
- Ride a helicopter onto a glacier above a rainforest, and then take a walk across the ice
- Stroll around New Zealand’s lakes with Taupo, Wakatipu and Wanaka all featured during your two-week itinerary
- Escape into the ethereal landscape of Milford Sound on an intimate overnight cruise
- Feel the adventure of the road with a four-day self-drive route across New Zealand’s national parks
- Experience New Zealand’s volcanic history, including the Rotorua geysers, Punakaiki blowholes, and a bubbling mud pool spa
- Wander through the preserved movie set of Hobbiton
- Explore the tropical bliss of Waiheke, an island of beaches and vineyards just north of Auckland
- Connect with the Maori culture with a dramatic local welcome and hangi dinner at Te Hana Te Ao Marama Maori Cultural Centre
- Cruise the coastlines as these two weeks include boat trips in Marlborough Sounds and Abel Tasman National Park
- Relax into the characterful culture of modern New Zealand, particularly during your days in Blenheim and Wellington
- Gasp at the incredible Huka Falls, try the famous Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc, and bask in the daily outdoor adventure
$12,735 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.85 stars based on
Reviewed By Dan H.
Reviewed By Nancy H.
Reviewed By John G.
Reviewed By AJAY C.
Reviewed By Frances S.
Reviewed By Stephnie T.