A wonderfully eclectic cast of characters call wild Northern Namibia home. Discover them all by combining immersive tribal experiences with intimate big game safari. This unique itinerary goes beyond the clichés and stereotypes, offering genuine interactive experiences with both the Himba and San Bushmen peoples. And the thrill of safari is just as personal and authentic.
Windhoek - Leisurely Arrival
Namibia is quick to unveil its inimitability, the capital city of Windhoek running at a wonderfully leisurely pace. Nothing in Namibia is hurried or impersonal. This is a land where there’s always time to say hello and start a conversation with strangers. At Windhoek International Airport you’ll be met by a representative and taken to your vehicle. This itinerary includes two options to explore Northern Namibia. Choose to self-drive or be driven by an experienced local driver. The excellent quality of Namibian roads comes as a surprise to most and there is virtually no other traffic on the road. However, road signs warning of crossing elephants indicate the sort of adventure you’re going to have. There will be some short sections on unsealed roads as well as a full day of rugged trails when you drive through Etosha. Namibians drive on the left and a choice of geared and automatic vehicles are available for self-driving. Or sit back and let someone else do the driving, leaving you free to ogle at the scenery.
After getting comfortable in the vehicle you head into Windhoek and rest up in an idyllic boutique lodge that exudes tranquility.
Day 2 - 3
Damaraland - Endless Panoramas and Untamed Adventure
Day 4 - 5
Damaraland - Intimate Encounters with the Himba People
Day 6 - 7
Etosha - Spectacular Big Game Safari
c - The Ultimate Safari Drive
Day 9 - 10
Grootfontein - Authentic Experiences with the San Bushmen
Central Highlands - Elegant Vistas and Relaxing
Windhoek - Fond Farewells
- Spend three days in the stunning safari world of Etosha National Park, Africa’s evocative wildlife providing unforgettable experiences
- Track wild game on foot with traditional hunter-gatherers, learning the clues of bush survival and going on a thrilling journey through the wilderness
- Immerse yourself in the unique culture of two very different Namibian tribes, this itinerary including two days with both the Himba and San bushmen people
- Feast your eyes on the surreal panoramas of Damaraland and the Central Highlands, some of the planet’s most baffling landscapes yours to explore
- Spend time with tribal women, getting to know their inimitable ways of life and understanding local medicine and cuisine
- Go beyond the stereotypes as you intimately discover how Himba and San Bushmen have very different lifestyles and culture
- Drive all the way across Etosha National Park, one of Africa’s most surreal land journeys brining unimaginable thrill and charm
$7,171 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.98 stars based on 64 reviews.
Reviewed By Laura C.
Reviewed By Patrick S.
Reviewed By Alan M.
Reviewed By Eliezer B.
Reviewed By Jim H.
Reviewed By Weng K.