The cultural richness, natural beauty, and historic legacy of Northern Italy are yours to enjoy on this 12-day tour of Piedmont, Liguria, and Lombardy. From Milan to Cinque Terre and back again, you will be able to focus your attention on the rural treasures and panoramic perspectives of each region through a blend of guided excursions and leisure. Handcrafted for your enjoyment, this tour allows you to experience much of the best that Northern Italy has to offer.
Acqui Terme – Long-Awaited Arrival
Situated on the fertile land at the foot of the Alps, Acqui Terme is an excellent place to start your tour of Northern Italy. After a transfer carries you from Milan's main airport to the heart of Piedmont, you will have a chance to acquaint yourself with this spectacular town on a walking tour. As you tour this charming town along with the famous springs that earned its listing as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2014, your guide will be happy to answer any questions you have before leaving you the afternoon to enjoy at your leisure.
Acqui Terme – Luxury Treatment at a Spa
Alba – A Thousand Year-Old Castle
Alba – Famous Piedmontese Cheese
Alba – The Slow Food Movement
Alba – A Castle-Hopping Experience
Camogli – Italy's Love Affair with Olives
Camogli – Exploring the Italian Riviera
Camogli – Italy's Famous Five Lands
Camogli – Taking a Turn for the Artisanal
Milan – Walking Tour of all Things Da Vinci
Milan – A Reluctant Departure
- Splash into the renowned spa in Acqui Terme and bask in the thermal bliss it has been delivering to visitors for centuries
- Stroll the cobbled alleys and rustic neighborhoods of the Piedmont region, where cultural and historical legacy will be waiting around every corner
- Visit the impressive villa of Count Arturo Ottolenghi, who almost single-handedly spearheaded Italy's early 20th-century painting and sculpting achievements
- Survey the countryside from the ramparts of the famous Castle of Monticello, where it once defended the land against enemies and invaders
- Enjoy the romantic ruins of Alba on a tour that explores the city's Roman origins, modern attractions, and the seamless blend of past and present
- Munch on a variety of local cheeses during a visit to an authentic Italian dairy where centuries of tradition contribute to an abundance of culinary skill
- Continue your gastronomic revelry on an exploration of the Mediterranean love affair with the olive on a tour and tasting at a family-run olive press
- Discover the scenic villages of the Cinque Terre, where rustic villages provide a splash of color to the otherwise green landscape of the lush Italian Riviera
- Explore the artisanal splendor of Chiavari, where expert craftsmen continue to produce some of the finest examples of furniture, frames, and other woodwork
- Plunge into the vibrant city center of Lombardy's capital of Milan, where head-turning architecture is the norm, and you can pay a visit to Da Vinci's famous Last Supper
$4,291 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.85 stars based on
Reviewed By maryann v.
Reviewed By Tony A.
Reviewed By Hannah R.
Reviewed By Francine T.
Reviewed By Gregg D.
Reviewed By Geraldine D.