The wonders of Rome, the coastal Campania region, and Sicily come alive on this 11-day tour of Italy's southern half. From the Italian capital to the bustling port city of Palermo, enjoy a balanced itinerary that combines guided excursions, food tours, and ample free time to bask in all that is best of the regions you visit.
Rome – Intro to Your Italian Adventure
There is an almost physical response to the adventures and excitement of visiting a new city. As you make your way into Rome, you may notice this Italian capital is no different. The pulse quickens, the eyes dart from towering obelisks to crumbling villas, and the mind reels at the sheer amount of beauty and historical legacy contained in this bustling city. After you have had a chance to settle in to your conveniently located accommodation, you will be able to explore the adjacent neighborhood and satisfy your rising anticipation.
Rome – Tour of a Vatican Necropolis
Rome – Crypts and Catacombs
Rome – Food Tour of Rome
Sorrento – A Coastal Perspective
Sorrento – Pearl of the Mediterranean
Sorrento – The Famous Amalfi Coast
Palermo – A Sicilian Adventure
Palermo – A Culinary Campaign
Palermo – Unearthing Greek Culture
Palermo – Roadtripping Across Sicily
Palermo – Depart for Home
- Witness the regal splendor of Rome's city center, where plazas, fountains, and churches combine to form a visual masterpiece
- Dive beneath the cobbles on an uncommon tour of the Vatican's subterranean levels, where an early Christian necropolis marks St. Peter's tomb
- Ponder the devotion and piety that would cause a chapel to be decorated with the bones of over 4,000 Capuchin monks
- Munch your way through Rome's vibrant food scene and sample fresh ingredients that contribute to Italy's immaculate culinary reputation
- Let the bracing air of the Tyrrhenian sea dazzle your senses in the coastal town of Sorrento atop cliffs that overlook the Bay of Naples
- Take to the waves on a thrilling visit to the island of Capri, where you will walk in the footsteps of Roman emperors who once sought amusement in this idyllic setting
- Village-hop your way along the rugged profile of the Amalfi Coast, where Positano, Ravello, and Amalfi will enchant you
- Ponder Italy's Southernmost tip on the Island of Sicily, which is considered by many to be the most conquered region in Europe
- Stroll through the open markets of Palermo and sample the fresh ingredients on display in the famous plazas of this thriving capital
- Visit Agrigento's Valley of Temples, where Sicily's illustrious history appears through a series of remarkably well-preserved ancient Greek temples
$9,199 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.78 stars based on
Reviewed By Judy J.
Reviewed By Michael C.
Reviewed By Terri W.
Reviewed By Amy A.
Reviewed By Steve D.
Reviewed By Don B.