This 10-day culinary journey through Italy presents a feast for the senses as you encounter new sights, flavors, and smells in this rich landscape. Your Italian culinary legacy tour begins in Palermo and travels to Rome, both revealing Italy’s diverse character in the open-air markets, kitchens, and regional ingredients. Finally, the rolling hills of Tuscany will beckon as you bask in the vibrant neighborhoods and charming countryside of Florence.
Palermo – The Most Conquered City in Europe
After your smooth landing at Palermo’s primary airport, you will be transferred to your accommodation in the heart of the city. From this convenient location, only a few steps separate you from the numerous museums, art galleries, palaces, and castles that make Palermo a top destination for architectural students from all over the world. You will witness Palermo as you recline in colorful comfort in your new surroundings, and can rest assured knowing that you will have the space and the silence to appreciate this unique corner of Italy.
Palermo – A View from the Waves
Palermo – Guided Tour of the Open-Air Markets
Rome – Introduction to a Proper Italian Meal
Rome – Savoring the Tradition of Gelato
Rome – Self-Guided Tour of the City
Florence – Finding Nourishment at a Tuscan Table
Florence – Working up an Appetite
Florence – A Winemaker's Paradise
Florence – Grabbing a Few Recipes
- Sample the abundant sights, sounds, and smells during a guided tour of Palermo’s open-air, markets where the vivid colors of the displayed produce are surpassed only by the evocative cries of the vendors
- Savor some of Sicily’s finest cuisine during a private cooking course, including some local wine
- Ply the waves of the Mediterranean on a boat tour of Sicily’s rugged coastline and learn about the region’s historical reliance on the sea for food and prosperity
- Enjoy a three-course meal in Rome followed by a leisurely stroll along the banks of the Tiber river, where dessert will come in the form of stunning views of the city’s architecture
- Contemplate Roman history on a gelato crawl that will introduce you to some of the best flavors while admiring sites like the Trevi Fountain and Spanish Steps
- Covet the exquisite recipes of a Tuscan kitchen before enjoying your own version of the famous Bistecca alla Fiorentina or Florentine steak at a handpicked restaurant
- Descend into the depths of a Tuscan wine cave and witness the technical mastery of millennia of winemakers from this region
$3,665 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.94 stars based on
Reviewed By Pamela W.
Reviewed By Barry N.
Reviewed By Andrea J.
Reviewed By Nancy C.
Reviewed By Stacy L.
Reviewed By Chris D.