On this eight-day personalized Emilia-Romagna tour, you can trace artistic ingenuity and incredible flavor as you explore Italy’s cultural and culinary heart. Marvel at Byzantine mosaics in Ravenna and violin craftsmanship in Cremona, get hands-on with fresh pasta-making traditions, and sample world-famous balsamic vinegar. From visiting motorsport legend Ferrari to stepping back to the Renaissance grandeur of the Este Castle, you will blend the majesty of UNESCO sites with intimate encounters...
Parma – Arrive in the Artistic Beauty of Parma
Your cultural immersion begins as soon as you land at Bologna’s airport and step into your private transfer to Parma, the gateway to Emilia-Romagna’s artistic essence. You may find the aromas of lavender, citrus, and bergamot drifting from boutique shops before you check in to your classic accommodations. You can settle into the comforts of the city or enjoy a private tour of its historic center with your guide.
Wander Parma’s pink marble baptistery, an octagonal jewel crowning the Romanesque cathedral in the central piazza. Linger beneath the carved stone bas-reliefs to hear stories of Parma’s artistic legacy, which is rooted in Roman antiquity that resonates through to modern innovations in food and music. In the Romanesque Duomo, you can find hints of aromatic myrrh lingering beneath the dome painted by Correggio and depicting the Assumption of the Virgin.
Parma – Discover Cremona & the Lowlands of Parma
Parma – Immerse Yourself in the UNESCO Food Valley
Bologna – Choose Your Adventure En Route to Bologna
Bologna – Explore Bologna's Historic Cuisine & Antique Lanes
Bologna – Discover the Renaissance City of Ferrara
Bologna – Marvel at the Art and Beauty of Imperial Ravenna
Bologna – Depart for Home
- Witness the magnificent Byzantine splendor of Ravenna's UNESCO churches, with 1,500-year-old glowing mosaics and frescoes frozen in time
- Learn to coax and twist delicate pasta sheets for tortellini and tagliatelle, tracing Bologna's handmade noodle traditions over seven centuries
- Meet the artisans behind Emilia-Romagna's most legendary exported creations, from prosciutto to Reggiano cheese, with exclusive tastings at heritage farms
- Examine precision craftsmanship firsthand in Cremona's violin workshops, where principles were established by masters like Stradivari
- Relive Verdi's humble beginnings at his Busseto birthplace and villa to see how his past shaped the beloved composer’s works and creativity
- Wander the monumental castle, courtyards, and hanging gardens of the mighty Este dynasty that turned Ferrara into an architectural showpiece
- Experience the essence of Modena's charm with captivating flavors during a world-renowned balsamic vinegar tasting
- Tour the prestigious Ferrari factories when exploring Modena's UNESCO heritage sites
$5,995 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.89 stars based on
Reviewed By Jennings M.
Reviewed By Elyse K.
Reviewed By Gretchen T.
Reviewed By Alex N.
Reviewed By Jeffrey F.
Reviewed By MaryAnn R.