Your eight-day personalized itinerary to the Emilia Romagna region of Italy will immerse you in the wealth of enchanting history and captivating flavors embodied in the cuisine of Bologna and Parma, the artisan studios in Cremona, and the lingering notes of the master composer, Verdi. Enter forbidden studies in a protected fairytale castle and sample delicate homemade tortellini during a private cooking class. Embrace an enthusiasm for life demonstrated in Emilia Romagna’s food, music, and history.
Parma – Arrive in Parma for a Remarkable City Tour
The power of the Dukes of the Farnese and the former French legacy under the reign of Napoleon’s wife, Marie Louise, speaks volumes into the unique culture, the dedication to cuisine, and the enchanting ambiance of Parma. Your flight will land at Bologna Airport G. Marconi, where your transfer will greet you upon your arrival and begin your exploration of it all.
The scenic drive will bring you through the herbaceous woodlands and sporadic hills that will lead to the historical center. Your hotel lies at the heart of the fascinating city and shimmers with an attractive classical style accentuated by modern luxuries. If time allows, you can set out on an introductory city tour beginning at the 12th-century baptistery, where pink marble highlights the octagonal Romanesque architecture while Biblical reliefs decorate the wooden doors.
Parma – Explore Cremona and Visit Verdi’s Home
Parma – Discover a Dramatic Fortress and a Parmesan Factory
Parma – Uncover Diverse Wonder Around Parma
Bologna – Traverse the Antique Lanes and Architecture of Bologna
Bologna – Delight in Touring Bologna and Ferrara
Bologna – Enjoy Past Marvels on a Tour of Ravenna
Bologna – Depart for Home
- View the unique mosaics of the Byzantine Empire that decorate the churches of Ravenna, the former capital of the Western Roman Empire
- Learn the swift movements needed to blend eggs and flour, and then the delicate twist and fold of pasta sheets to create handmade tortellini
- Visit a celebrated prosciutto farm and cheese factory to experience and sample tasty cured meats and famous Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- Tour the workshop of an artisan crafter that produces elegant violins and violas in Cremona, the home of the famous instrumentalist Stradivari
- Explore the home of celebrated librettist and composer Giuseppe Verdi at his home in Busseto
- Discover the dramatic walls, epic towers, and storybook opulence of the Este family castle in the preserved Renaissance city of Ferrara
- Wander the galleries and the ramparts of the 14th-century fortress of Rocca Meli Lupi in the small town of Soragna
$3,275 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.77 stars based on
Reviewed By Jody K.
Reviewed By Samantha G.
Reviewed By Susanne L.
Reviewed By John T.
Reviewed By Gemma M.
Reviewed By Peter M.