The secrets of Italy's rich history and cultural heritage will be revealed on this 8-day tour of the Campania and Lazio regions. From Naples to Sorrento to Rome, this tour will provide a refreshing blend of rural charm and big-city adventure. Enjoy guided tours, cooking courses, and plenty of leisure time to bask in this unforgettable land.
Sorrento – Seaside Splendor
There is perhaps no better blend of Italy's urban and rural charms than the coastal stretch of the Campania region. In particular, the Bay of Naples and the Sorrentine Peninsula will provide an outstanding environment to begin your Italian adventure. After arriving at the main Neapolitan airport, a comfortable transfer will ensure your speedy arrival to your hotel in Sorrento, where you will have the remainder of the day to explore the narrow streets and sunny plazas of this seaside paradise.
Sorrento – The Pearl of the Mediterranean
Sorrento – Overlooking the Bay of Naples
Rome – Orientation of the Italian Capital
Rome – Authentic Italian Cooking Course
Rome – In the Footsteps of Caesar
Rome – Cultural and Artistic Treasures
Rome – Departure
- Scan the horizon from the many overlooks and vantage points of the Sorrentine Peninsula, where modern villas sit side by side with Roman ruins
- Take to the waves on a scenic cruise to the island of Capri and enjoy views of the stunning cliffs, Mt. Solaro, the Blue Grotto, and a host of other memorable attractions
- Stand in the shadow of one of history's most notorious volcanos on a visit to the slopes of Mt. Vesuvius, where you will enjoy a guided tour of the ruins of a doomed city
- Examine the humbling figure of Rome's Colosseum on a walking tour of its ancient origins and those of the nearby Roman Forum, where Julius Caesar was famously assassinated
- Roll up your sleeves for an authentic cooking course in Rome, where the secrets of Italian cooking will be revealed, and you can try your hand at pasta making
- Bask in the artistic and cultural legacy of Rome on a day at your leisure as the city becomes your Italian playground
- Visit a city within a city after crossing the Tiber River to get a closer look at the Vatican, where papal authority and centuries of history combine to create a lasting impression
$2,859 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.88 stars based on
Reviewed By Jennifer K.
Reviewed By Annette R.
Reviewed By Crystal T.
Reviewed By Jennifer J.
Reviewed By Dezbah H.
Reviewed By Kristen R.