This luxurious 10-day trip through Northern Italy is sure to create beautiful memories that you will share together as a couple for a lifetime. Marvel at the grandeur of St. Mark’s Basilica, cruise along the Grand Canal in a gondola, traverse the streets of Rome with a personal shopper guide, and indulge in a private boat tour of Lake Como.
Venice – Stroll through Venice’s Streets
After you arrive in Venice’s Marco Polo Airport, your private transfer will greet you at customs and transport you to Venice’s main dock. Once there, your water taxi will personally escort you to your luxurious accommodation, which will be within walking distance of all of the momentous sights. You can become purposefully lost in the twisting, cobblestone streets, and, with each new corner you turn, the city will reveal new, rare, and delightful sights to behold.
Venice – Cruise the Grand Canal on a Gondola
Venice – Enjoy a Private Wine Tasting Tour
Milan – Discover Milan’s High-End Fashion
Varenna – Revel in the Glamour of Lake Como
Varenna – Visit Picturesque Villages
Portofino – Kayak in the Italian Riviera
Portofino – Hike the Cinque Terre Trails
Genoa – Local Food Tour and Cooking Class
Genoa – Depart for Home
- Become lost as you stroll hand in hand through the charming streets of Venice, uncovering quaint bridges and narrow canals that are hidden from the throngs of tourists
- Marvel at the ethereal grandeur of St. Mark’s Basilica, viewing its Byzantine gold mosaics and strolling behind the altar to the crypt of St. Mark
- Cruise the Grand Canal at sunset on a private gondola ride, sipping champagne and witnessing the brilliance of the ancient city from a new perspective
- Observe a private glass-blowing and lacemaking demonstration on the islands of Murano and Burano, which will be followed by a wine-tasting in a 14th-century vineyard on the island of Mazzorbo
- Traverse the streets of Milan with a personal shopper, perusing high-end fashion in the finest boutiques
- Delight in a private boat tour of Lake Como, visiting charming villages and elegant villas that are sprinkled along the rolling green shores
- Kayak in the crystal blue sea of the Italian Riviera, touring areas of Portofino that are best seen by water
- Hike along narrow trails that connect the picturesque towns of the Cinque Terre, witnessing the beauty of the national park from high above sea-level
- Learn about traditional dishes that are served in the Ligurian region of Italy on a delicious food tour in Genoa, which will be followed by a private cooking class taught in English.
You will finally set off on your unforgettable journey through Northern Italy in the narrow, cobblestone streets of charming Venice. Asphalt roads are replaced with glistening canals, and instead of noisy cars, there are quiet boats that glide effortlessly down the waterways. You will begin with a tour through the remarkable maze of Venice, viewing the resplendent St. Mark’s Basilica where the bones of Jesus’ disciple are laid. As the sun begins to set, a gondola will be waiting to usher you down the Grand Canal, passing classic Venetian-Gothic architecture and grand palaces. You will continue onward to witness glass-blowing and lacemaking demonstrations on the quaint islands of Murano and Burano, which will be followed by a visit to a secret vineyard for wine tasting on the tiny island of Mazzorbo.
Leaving the Venetian lagoon, you and your partner will then travel via first-class on the high-speed train to Milan. In this fashion metropolis, you will each meet with a renowned personal shopper who will escort you through some of the finest boutiques in the world. Once you complete your shopping, you will depart for the lovely Lake Como. The jade-blue lake is set against a backdrop of snow-capped, Italian Alps. During your stay in Lake Como, you will tour perfectly preserved 19th-century villas and their pristine gardens, where fuchsia bougainvillea overflows from the terraces and outdoor staircases. The crystal-clear water sparkles like diamonds as you cruise along the lake with the wind blowing in your hair and the sun warming your skin. You can splash in the waters and find your favorite private cove in which to swim and relax. It will be just the two of you as the rest of the world disappears.
Brightly-hued villages from the 16th century await you on the Italian Riviera, and the gentle beauty will feel like a whimsical serenade. You will enjoy a kayak trip together along the beautiful Portofino coast, and afterward, you will relax with an aperitif in your hand at one of the many outdoor cafes that line the promenade. Just south of Portofino are the five villages of the Cinque Terre, which is where the two of you can hike the rustic trails as you venture from one charming village to the next. You can amble along paths that are high above the Ligurian Sea, being sure to take your time and relax along the way. Your trip will conclude in Genoa, where you will venture through the streets on an appetizing food tour through the city. You will discover local ingredients before joining a cooking class to learn how to prepare traditional dishes. This luxurious, 10-day excursion through Northern Italy will leave nothing to be desired and will cater to your every whim.
$3,575 per person (excluding international flights)
Your Zicasso trip is fully customizable, and this sample itinerary is a starting place for your travel plans. Actual costs are dynamic, and your selection of accommodations and activities, your season of travel, and other such variables will bring this budget guideline up or down. Throughout your planning experience with your Zicasso specialist, your itinerary is designed around your budget. You can book your trip when you are satisfied with every detail. Planning your trip with a Zicasso travel specialist is a free service.
The starting price is based on travel during the low season for a minimum of two travelers staying in shared 3-star accommodations. Please inquire for a custom trip quote based on your travel preferences and travel dates.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.89 stars based on
Reviewed By rich b.
Reviewed By Rica L.
Reviewed By Jim F.
Reviewed By JEFFREY L.
Reviewed By Karla R.
Reviewed By Lisa K.