From the shores of the Shannon to the banks of the Liffey, from the sparseness of the Burren to Dublin’s bustling streets, the south of Ireland is a land celebrated for its singular beauty and famous charm on this 8-day tour. If you’ve never before felt the pull of this enchanting nation, let her spirit you away to the place of your dreams in this sample itinerary.
Shannon - Welcome to Ireland!
You land early this morning at Shannon, the hub of western Ireland, and a perfect base to start your explorations of this amazing nation. Check into your comfortable and classy accommodation and then set out to Bunratty Castle, a tower house situated on the banks of the Ratty river, hence the name, and one of the most lovingly preserved castles in all of Ireland. While the exterior projects an imposing and fearful persona, you’ll find the interior light, airy, and surprisingly delicate, with ceilings sporting painted beams and gorgeous chandeliers, as well as tasteful and elegant furnishings and portraits upon the walls. And Bunratty truly heats up when the sun goes down, as it plays host to medieval banquets, featuring performances by the Bunratty Castle Entertainers, a troupe of musicians garbed in period dress and with a notable talent for the harp and violin. Tonight has you returning to Shannon.
Galway - Heading North to Gallant Galway
Ennis - Down the Coast Through Ireland’s Most Spectacular Scenery
Killarney - On to County Kerry, the Heart of Southwest Ireland
Cork - A Visit to Cork, the Local’s Capital of Ireland
Dublin - Through Kilkenny, Past Waterford, Into Dublin
Dublin - Exploring the Republic’s Glorious Capital
Dublin - Returning Home
- Explore the impeccably preserved Bunratty Castle both inside and out, and enjoy a medieval banquet in a real Irish castle
- Roam the streets of Galway, the “City of the Tribes,” and encounter the best that this seaside village has to offer
- Take a ride along the Atlantic to discover the most indescribable natural landscapes in the entire country: the moon-like Burren and the spectacular Cliffs of Moher
- See the far tip of Ireland on the Dingle Peninsula before checking in at Killarney, one of Ireland’s best-kept towns
- Marvel at the grandeur of St. Fin Barre’s Cathedral and kiss the Blarney Stone in Cork before falling in love with the local’s incomparable élan
- Drive through southern Ireland on the shores of the Celtic Sea, past Kilkenny and Waterford before arriving in Dublin
- Hit the highlights in Ireland’s capital city and the heart of modern Irish culture, from the glorious Book of Kells to the dancing deliciousness of Guinness stout
$3,379 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.83 stars based on
Reviewed By Victoria D.
Reviewed By Dhaval V.
Reviewed By Joel J.
Reviewed By Jonathan R.
Reviewed By Ben M.
Reviewed By Erika R.