There are many ways to appreciate Greece, but none quite as rewarding as a tailored 10-day self-drive discovery of its Peloponnese Peninsula. Along the way and through the emerald mainland, stumble on incredible historical scenes, such as the destination where 300 Spartan warriors held thousands of Persian forces and the staggering viridian winelands of Nemea. Greece is yours to explore on this fascinating journey.
Galaxidi - Memories of the 300
In Athens, you will be introduced to the beauty of Greece as seen beneath the looming pillars of the Acropolis and the city’s humming streets. From here, you will collect your rental car and voyage through the country’s prolific mainland on a self-guided tour. Your journey will lead you to the mountain-flanked pastures of Thermopylae, the site where Leonidas’ 300 Spartan warriors battled thousands of Persian forces. History will give way to seaside scenes on the flowered banks of fishermen town Galaxidi this afternoon, where you will indulge in succulent seafood dishes under the Greek sun.
Olympia - The Oracle of Apollo
Kalamata - Recreations of Ancient Greece
Mani - The Sanctuary of Ancient Messene
Mani - On Quiet Shores
Monemvasia - Moments of Peace
Nafplio - This is Sparta
Nafplio - Mycenae and Epidaurus
Nafplio - Indulging in Nemea
Nafplio - Departure
- Stand in the very spot where 300 Spartans famously held off the advances of thousands of Persian forces in Thermopylae
- Discover the phenomenal landscapes that surround Delphi as well as the archaeological sites where Apollo is believed to have spoken to his oracle
- Explore the iconic Temple of Zeus and the athlete’s Stadium of Olympia during an augmented reality tour that recreates the ancient scenery
- Appreciate the spectacular seaside splendor of Kardamili, a historic town offered as a gift to Achilles during the great Trojan War
- Uncover more of the Peloponnese Peninsula’s charm during a visit of the humble fishing village of Limeni and a magnificent discovery of the geological sites within Diros Caves
- Traceback the years from 1249 to 1448, touring the Byzantine and Frankish origins of Mystra, and delve into the warring past in the city of Sparta
- Enjoy a true taste of Greece during a palate-pleasing tour of the Museum of the Olive and Greek Olive Oil
- Delight in scenes and historical discoveries within the archaeological sites of Mycenae and Epidaurus
- Set off to the emerald hills of Nemea to satisfy your taste buds with the nuanced flavors of Greece’s prestigious wines at premier estates
$3,375 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.97 stars based on
Reviewed By Barb M.
Reviewed By Mark S.
Reviewed By Romen K.
Reviewed By Cassidy D.
Reviewed By Kathleen J.
Reviewed By Kristin Z.