The Greek Islands are breathtaking and boast beautiful beaches as well as luxuriant landscapes for you to discover on this 9-day self-drive exploration from Crete to Naxos. Along the way, scenes of the spectacular seascape and moments of indulging in Ancient Greek heritage will fill you with an appreciation of the picturesque encounters and fascinating historical discoveries that await you.
Athens - A Picture of Greece
Gritty and glamorous in equal measure, Athens oozes with an authentic atmosphere and presents tourism highlights you will admire within minutes of landing. After transferring to your accommodation nestled in the foothills beneath the Acropolis, Greek culture will shine from the sunshine-flooded town squares and the fragrant eateries that dominate the city's streets. Along alleys that make up the Plaka district, you will bear witness to Greece’s blend of traditional design and contemporary flair.
Crete - Athens and Rethymno
Crete - Ghosts of Frangkokastello
Crete - Cretan Culture of Chania
Crete - Origins of the Minoans
Naxos - Naxos’ Neighborhoods
Naxos - Discover Naxos’ Villages
Naxos - Sailing across the Sea
Naxos - Departure
- Ascend the cliffs that loom over Athens on a guided tour of the monumental complex of the Acropolis, a treasure of Ancient Greek discoveries
- Explore the culture and heritage that emanate from the cobbled streets and age-old museums of Rethymno’s Old Town
- Self-drive across the luxuriant landscapes of Crete on a tour of Frangkokastello’s Venetian castle and the golden sands of Preveli Beach
- Unearth the origins of Cretan’s maritime heritage during visits to Chania’s Naval Museum and Venetian Lighthouse
- Transport back in time to the Bronze Age as you drive to the archeological site of Knossos, the cradle of Minoan civilization
- Spend moments of relaxation exploring the flowered neighborhoods of Naxos Island
- Cruise to the humble villages that surround Naxos on a self-guided exploration of the charming churches and multi-cultural monuments, from Koronos to Filoti
- Chart the sea that surrounds Naxos on a catamaran cruise, culminating with vistas of a staggering sunset over the island
$3,100 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.98 stars based on
Reviewed By David B.
Reviewed By Courtney M.
Reviewed By Olivia C.
Reviewed By Marc A.
Reviewed By Romen K.
Reviewed By Sarah P.