The lengthy list of attractions in Greece should leave no surprise as to why so many flock to this Mediterranean haven; however, this 13-day tour of mainland Greece and its archipelago is designed to balance popular sites with undiscovered gems, ensuring a distinctive visit to this stunning corner of Europe. From Athens to Crete and back again, leisure and excitement will be yours to enjoy in this memorable land.
Athens – A Charming Arrival
As the capital of Greece, Athens presents visitors with an outstanding glimpse of the country's abundance of rich culture, gastronomy, and history. In a city where ancient ruins stand shoulder to shoulder with modern high-rises, Athens will take your breath away after you arrive at the main international airport. A transfer will ensure your smooth arrival to the city center and your comfortable hotel. Afterward, you will have the remainder of the day to explore your vibrant and colorful new surroundings.
Athens – The Shadow of the Parthenon
Mykonos – The Cyclades Island Chain
Mykonos – Catamaran Cruise
Mykonos – The Relaxing Aegean Climate
Santorini – Island-Hopping the Cyclades
Santorini – Exploring the Island
Santorini – An Aquatic Paradise
Heraklion – History and Warm Hospitality
Chania – UNESCO-Protected Ruins
Chania – The Samarian Gorge
Chania – Through the Cretan Countryside
Chania – Departure
- Stand in the shadow of the impressive Parthenon, which speaks to the might of ancient Greece and the people that designed and carved this temple
- Scan the rooftops of Athens from the rocky outcropping of the Acropolis, where the sacred world of the ancients was enshrined in its numerous temples and tombs
- Sample the savory delicacies of Greek cuisine on a walking tour for foodies that will have you visiting the markets and tavernas that form the backbone of this country's gastronomic greatness
- Enjoy the colorful balconies and splashing waves on a visit to the neighborhood of Mykonos, known as Little Venice, where it is believed wealthy smugglers once lived
- Take to the waves on a catamaran tour of Mykonos and the adjacent island of Delos and Rhenia, where some of Greece's most venerated ruins reside
- Witness the geologic impact of an ancient eruption that both decimated the local populations and helped shaped the contemporary terrain of Santorini
- Stroll through the ages on a walking tour of Santorini, where the history and vibrant culture of the island will come alive through your enthusiastic tour guide
- Savor the fruit of the rich volcanic soil of Santorini on a trip to one of the island's few boutique wineries where you can enjoy the proudly presented wine enjoyed by locals
- Explore the impressive Samarian Gorge on a guided trek through the narrow canyons that form Europe's longest naturally formed gorge
- Soak up the charming Cretan culture during a visit to Chania, where a thriving cafe scene and access to pristine beaches ensures an abundance of thrills for all ages
$4,727 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.96 stars based on
Reviewed By Corinne P.
Reviewed By David M.
Reviewed By Michael D.
Reviewed By Dina S.
Reviewed By Tremayne G.
Reviewed By Amanda C.