Greek culture and history are yours to enjoy on this 9-day Greece tour of what many refer to as the cradle of democracy. From the mainland to the famous Greek isles, a balanced approach to exploring this historic land is the best way to ensure that no major site is missed. By the time you return home, you will rest assured knowing that you have caught a truly unique glimpse of Greece.
Messenia – Arrival on the Balkan Peninsula
Perched on the southernmost tip of the Balkan Peninsula, Greece has been a top destination for international travel in recent decades. From the volcanic ruggedness of the main archipelago to the mysteries of the Greek mainland, Greece is often referred to as the cradle of democracy and presents visitors with an abundance of historical and cultural richness. All this and more will be yours to enjoy on your inaugural day on this tour. Picking you up from the main international airport, a private transfer will smoothly convey you to your accommodations so that you can enjoy the rest of the day at leisure.
Messenia – Origins of the Olympics
Messenia – Village Hopping
Spetses – Horse-Drawn Carriage Ride
Spetses– Enjoying Seaside Attractions
Spetses – Island-Hopping to Hydra
Athens – An Athenian Orientation
Athens – Climbing the Acropolis
Athens – Departure
- Stroll along the seaside splendor of the Costa Navarino, where rugged mountains meet the azure water of the Mediterranean
- Stand in the shadows of the ancient ruins of Olympia, where archeologists have uncovered the origins of the now infamous international event
- Hop through the coastal towns of Pylos, Methoni, and Foinikouda, where medieval castles compete with ancient palaces to attract the attention of visitors
- Enjoy a tour of the isle of Spetses from the comfortable vantage point of a horse-drawn carriage that will carry you along cobbled streets and past elaborate mansions
- Take to the waves on an optional boat tour along the Agioi Anargyroi Beach, where lovely sea caves enchant visitors with their color
- Embark on a day trip to Hydra and enjoy a car-free environment and enough swimming holes to keep you occupied for the afternoon
- Scale the rugged heights of the Acropolis on your first full day in the Greek capital of Athens, where you will learn why the country is often referred to as the cradle of democracy
$3,100 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.78 stars based on
Reviewed By Anna C.
Reviewed By Betzaida B.
Reviewed By Rosemarie F.
Reviewed By Julie H.
Reviewed By susan w.
Reviewed By Lydia M.