Open the doors to historic wonderment on this 16-day Greece and Turkey tour that will unveil the best of the ancient world. Start in Athens, exploring the origins of Ancient Greece, then move from the coast to the mountains, where deeper connections with ancient heritage unravel from the extraordinary ruins. This history adventure in Turkey will introduce you to cultural influences that prevail from Izmir to Istanbul.
Athens - Arrival in the Grecian Capital
You arrive in Athens for the first day of your vacation and will spend the afternoon acclimating to the heart of Ancient Greece. Fifth-century BC landmarks command attention, historic districts bubble with activity, and eclectic neighborhoods capture the creative Grecian atmosphere. The capital is a melting pot of ancient culture and modern lifestyle that you will adore from the moment you arrive. Your transfer through the neighborhoods to your accommodation will reveal the charms of Athens cast in the shadows of the Acropolis.
Athens - The History and Mystery of Ancient Greece
Crete - Roam by Air or Sea to Greece’s Largest Island
Crete - Cultivate Your Love of Cretan Culture
Crete - The Ottoman Odysseys of Rethymno
Crete - The Minoan History of Heraklion
Thessaloniki - Clashing Cultures on the Thermaic Gulf
Meteora - The Tombs of Vergine and Monoliths of Meteora
Delphi - The Oracle of Delphi’s Omnipotence
Olympia - The Origins of the Olympic Games
Argolis - Memories of Ancient Mycenae
Izmir - Arrival on Turkey’s Aegean Coast
Izmir - Embrace the Wonders of Ephesus
Istanbul - Arrival in Turkey’s Modern Metropolis
Istanbul - Tour the Classics of Turkey
Istanbul - Farewell Greece and Turkey
- Admire the colossal Acropolis complex in Athens and tour the historic Temple of Poseidon in Sounion
- Travel to the Kissamos province of Crete to visit ancient olive oil mills, elite wine farms, and beautiful churches and monasteries near Chania
- Uncover the influence of the Ottoman Empire as you peruse the ruins of Rethymno and unearth Minoan civilization at the remains of Knossos
- Discover the depth of Minoan heritage at the Minoan Palace of Phaistos and capture images of the Christian ruins of Gortyn left by the Saracens
- Tour Ano Poli’s profound cultural roots in Thessaloniki as you explore alfresco tavernas, the Vlatadon Monastery, and the Church of Hosios David
- Appreciate the life of Alexander the Great and his father at the tomb of Philip II of Macedon, then journey to the memorable monastery on top of the Meteora monoliths
- Delve into the mysteries of Delphi as you learn more about the Oracle of Delphi and view the revered ruins of the ancient theater of Delphi and the Temple of Apollo
- Stand in the stadium where the first-ever Olympic Games was held to see where it all began as you visit the remarkable archeological site of Olympia
- Adventure through Argolis in the Peloponnese to encounter Bronze Age memories preserved within the fortified walls of Mycenae
- Explore the ancient Turkish city of Ephesus to dote on the Greek and Roman influences dominating Turkey’s timeless archeological sites
- Visit the highlights of Istanbul on a guided city tour to the Topkapi Palace Museum, the Blue Mosque, the underground cisterns, the Grand Bazaar, and more
$6,443 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.97 stars based on 246 reviews.
Reviewed By Leah S.
Reviewed By Devang D.
Reviewed By Karen B.
Reviewed By Robert M.
Reviewed By Marvin L.
Reviewed By Gail C.