Experience exceptional holiday festivities with a tour of Cuba during Christmas and New Years. The pulse of salsa music complements the rhythmic sounds of crashing waves on the coastline. Antique sugar mills give way to gorgeous manors reflecting the former prominence of agricultural barons. Pig roasts signify the importance of family gatherings for holiday feasts. Firework displays create an illuminating spectacle of a friendly feud between neighborhoods. Whether exploring galleries at the Museum...
Santa Clara – Arrive in Cuba with Introductory Dinner and Music
The ethos of Cuba has reached legendary proportions, telling of an island paradise filled with marvelous culture, American-made cars from the 1950s, and cigars considered as much of a delicacy as the rum native to the island. As visitors from around the world travel to Havana, Santa Clara remains a hidden gem. The city stands at the heart of the island and remains a center of creativity and edgy youth culture. Graphic artists and political cartoonists, rock festivals and the university campus maintain the city’s rugged ambiance with its historical association with Che Guevara, who liberated the city in 1958, marking the end of the Batista regime in Cuba.
Murals featuring cartoonish characters depict anti-war sentiments showcasing soldiers shooting doves from their rifles, as well as the fragile relationship between the United States and Cuba. Local artists produce a variety of spectacles, changing the images along the western edges of Carretera Central regularly. Your private transfer greets you at Abel Santamaria Airport in Santa Clara and escorts you to a gorgeous accommodation. After dinner, you listen to the welcoming sounds of salsa enhancing the youthful ambiance of the city. Salsa rhythms creates an enticing beat, creating a jovial atmosphere that draws people effortlessly to the dance floor. The antique building looks seasoned from its years of use. Teenagers, students, and older couples twirl around the dance floor, happily moving to the captivating pulse that the live band creates.
Remedios – Visit Santa Clara’s Monuments before Transferring to Remedios
Remedios – Explore the Historical Heart of the City and Fishing Village
Trinidad – Travel to Trinidad for a City Center Tour and Salsa Class
Trinidad – Traverse a Former Sugar Plantation and Trek to El Nicho Falls
Cienfuegos – Venture to Cienfuegos for a Full Day Tour and Sunset Cruise
Havana – Relish an Excursion to the Bay of Pigs en route to Old Havana
Havana – Delight in a Convertible Tour and View Plaza de la Revolución
Havana – Visit Hemingway’s Home and a Traditional Cigar Factory
Havana – Wander the Aisles of Almacenes Market and the Rum Museum
Havana – Relax in Havana and Along the Coast with a Day at your Leisure
Havana – Depart for Home
- Discover the colonial charms of the small towns at the island’s center, including fabulous Trinidad and often-overlooked Remedios
- Relish the unique Christmas Eve celebration of a Remedios tradition during a competing fireworks display, the oldest celebration in Cuba
- Visit the preserved home of celebrated author Ernest Hemingway for insight into his creative mind when he wrote award-winning novels
- Visit the artisan market of Havana to view the sensational paintings and craftsmanship of local artists, from handcrafted textiles to woodwork
- Trek through the wilderness of the Escambray Mountains to discover the refreshing waters of the El Nicho cascade
- Indulge in a relaxing and scenic sunset cruise around the harbor of Cienfuegos
- Wander the museum commemorating the battle at the Bay of Pigs, after the CIA attempted a failed coup against the Castro regime
- Enjoy a convertible tour through Old Havana for insight into the hidden history of the antique city connected to the mafia of the 1920s-1950s
- Traverse a traditional cigar factory to learn the history of cigars and tobacco in Cuba while watching workers hand roll the famous commodities
$5,455 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.99 stars based on
Reviewed By Sandra E.
Reviewed By Rachel B.
Reviewed By Helene W.
Reviewed By Pamela B.
Reviewed By Nalinda P.
Reviewed By Juliana L.