Find paradise on this 8-day Costa Rica vacation with adventures set between two stunning oceans and filled with verdant tropical rainforests. Discover the friendly locals and explore the jungle canopy in search of exotic birds and elusive jaguars, find comfort in natural thermal hot springs and witness the powerful conical peak of an active volcano.
San Jose – Exuberant Beginnings
Welcome to the capital of Costa Rica, the fast moving city of San Jose. The metropolis quickly shows you its charm, vibrant in sporadic murals and locals’ jovial smiles. Shopping arcades overflow with active people passing the afternoon with friendly faces and window-shopping. Colonial art mansions display contemporary artwork in refurbished modern galleries. Your private guide meets you at the airport and soon you settle into the lovely grounds of your boutique hotel, filled with the famous warmth of Ticos, Costa Rican locals. The scent of rich Costa Rican coffee drifts through the lobby and you are easily swept up into the city’s underlying charm.
The Art Deco Décor matches the home-country edifice to create a chic, yet comfortable ambiance. San Jose was once a small town in the mid 16th century set atop a landscape that continues to rise up to its highest point at 4,100 feet. The Blue Castle is located on Central Avenue and was constructed in the early 1900s. The neoclassical home presents the classic style and color of the past, tinted with the continued blue coloration it is known for today. The beauty of the building represents the magnetism of the city, and hidden around every energetic corner is a treasure waiting to be noticed and uncovered.
Tortuguero – Where Turtles Tread
Tortuguero – Turtle Friends
Arenal – Rushing Water to Remnants of Lava
Arenal – Watching the Refuge
Tamarindo – The Edge of the Surf
Tamarindo – Protected Paradise
San Jose – Cheerful Goodbyes
- Traverse the canals around Tortuguero on the Caribbean coastline
- Visit the nesting grounds of the endangered leatherback sea turtle
- Indulge in the soothing waters of natural hot springs in Arenal
- Explore the vast rainforest canopy of the birdwatcher’s paradise at Cano Negro Wildlife Refuge
- Discover the combination of natural beauty and cosmopolitan luxury in the city of Tamarindo
- Journey along mangrove estuaries to find the marvelous avifauna and caiman life that populate the areas
- Relax in comfortable and luxurious resorts throughout the Costa Rican countryside
$3,379 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.92 stars based on
Reviewed By Alex G.
Reviewed By Tom O.
Reviewed By George M.
Reviewed By James G.
Reviewed By Rick W.
Reviewed By Linda S.