The allure of Australia’s landscape spans millions of years, and the magnetism of the culture encompasses 40,000 millennia uncovered during your customizable family-friendly tour of Australia. From the Great Barrier Reef to the otherworldly rock formations of Flinders Chase, the white-sand beaches of Sydney to the wildlife living on the plains of Kangaroo Island, immerse your family in the marvels along the coastline and the captivating stories of Dreamtime. Stroll among rocks carved by wind,...
Sydney – Arrive in Marvelous Sydney
The city of Sydney has become a beacon of Cosmopolitan culture fringed by the wilds of Australia’s land and sea. Skyscrapers soar above the rugged coastline where patches of bush continue to grow wild supporting flying foxes and fig trees. Ferries crisscross the cobalt waters between the suburbs and the Central Business District. The ambiance reflects the culture where Australians from around the country flock in search of fame, fortune, museums, cuisine, or a slice of the enchanting year-round beach culture for which the city is known.
Your flight arrives at Sydney International Airport where your transfer greets you at customs. The family quickly settles into the comforts of your hotel overlooking the waters of Darling Harbour and the familiar undulating arches of the Sydney Opera House’s shell-like roof. Your guide greets the family in the hotel lobby for an introduction into the city’s fascinating blend of history and modernity. You can easily see the Tower Eye crowning the skyline. Palm groves soar above the lush grasslands of the more than 74 acres of Royal Botanic Gardens. You reach the Rocks, the oldest neighborhood in Sydney.
The kids listen to the mythology of the coastline from where the Aboriginal nation first spotted European explorers entering the harbor. A narrow cobblestone lane winds between sandstone warehouses leading to the oldest surviving house in the Sydney. Cadman’s Cottage was originally built in 1816 in the traditional Georgian style of the time. Your guide explains that during high tide the water would reach within 8 feet of the structure but has since moved over 300 feet away after the construction of Circular Quay. The breeze carries the aroma of the sea through the alleys before fading beneath the scent of macaroons and pastries emanating from the local bakery.
Sydney – Delight in a Morning Surf Lesson and Afternoon Harbor Cruise
Sydney – Travel to the Blue Mountains
Sydney – Visit Sydney Opera House
Adelaide – Visit the Celebrated Adelaide Zoo
Kangaroo Island – Enjoy a Scenic Flight to Kangaroo Island for a Safari Tour
Adelaide – Traverse Flinders Chase National Park and Surf the Sand Dunes
Port Douglas – Venture to Port Douglas with the Remaining Day at Leisure
Port Douglas – Explore Fascinating Daintree Rainforest on a 4WD Excursion
Port Douglas – Relish a Full Day Cruise around the Great Barrier Reef
Port Douglas – Relax in Australia’s Northeast with a Day at Leisure
Port Douglas – Travel to Cairns and Depart for Home
- Discover the abundant wildlife on Kangaroo Island during a guided safari searching for kangaroos, koalas, echidnas, and more
- Enjoy a family surf lesson from the iconic shores of Bondi Beach for the best insight into how to catch a wave and ride it back to shore
- Explore the splendors of the Great Barrier Reef on a luxury cruise to the inner and outer reef for unforgettable views of the colorful marine life
- Relish time at the Adelaide Zoo with immersive exhibits into the habitats of international wildlife as well as home to the only two pandas in Australia
- Learn about the intriguing legends of Dreamtime and the traditions of the Kuku Yalanji nation on a tour of Daintree and the Daintree Discovery Centre
- Try your surfing skills on land at the Little Sahara on Kangaroo Island with a sand dune surfing excursion or ride the sandy slopes on a toboggan
- Experience the serenity of a panoramic view over the Atherton Tablelands on an optional hot air balloon ride from Port Douglas
- Delight in the beauty of waterfalls, sandstone bluffs, and a eucalyptus forest on a guided excursion into Blue Mountains National Park
- Venture to the top of Harbour Bridge for an unparalleled view of Sydney, the harbor, and the Opera House with a guided Bridge Walk
$4,675 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.86 stars based on
Reviewed By Lou P.
Reviewed By Dana D.
Reviewed By Pam R.
Reviewed By Anwesh Y.
Reviewed By Karen M.
Reviewed By Michelle H.