The Azores archipelago brags boundless natural beauty across its marvelous islands, from strips of the lush landscape where wine grapes grow abundantly in the rich volcanic soils to reaches of the sapphire seascape that hug golden shorelines. For 11 days, explore the depth of the Azores and relish unreal experiences on the region’s beloved islands, including Sao Miguel, Faial, Terceira, Flores, and more.
Sao Miguel - Picturesque Portugal En Route to Ponta Delgada
Your Azores adventures will begin on Portugal’s Sao Miguel island as you touch down and transfer to your accommodation in Ponta Delgada. The island boasts shimmering blue lakes and hypnotic emerald slopes brimming with endemic flora and teeming with indigenous creatures. Capture panoramas of volcanic craters and relish the adventures across slopes cascading towards the glistening lake below the Vista do Rei observation deck. The trails will lead you to the Sete Cidades villages, where you may stop for lunch before you continue to the water and paddle across the iconic natural site in kayaks.
Sao Miguel - Beauty from Sea to Spring
Faial - Old Tales and the History of Horta
Faial - Inspiring Remnants of the Capelinhos Eruption
Faial - Astonishing Ash-Grown Wines in the Azores
Terceira - Views from the Rooftop of Angra do Heroismo
Terceira - Fishing Villages and Volcanic Discoveries
Flores - Set off to Santa Cruz
Flores - Full-Day Discoveries of Flores
Flores - The Mysteries of Corvo Island
Flores - Farewell to Flores, Portugal
- Capture extraordinary scenic views from the Vista do Rei observation point, a commanding deck overlooking Sao Miguel’s sweeping emerald hills and sparkling sapphire lakes
- Explore the nutrient-rich environments veiling Sao Miguel during a tour within its lush botanical gardens to its steamy thermal springs, where you will tuck into a traditional volcanic steam-cooked cozido nas caldeiras
- Stroll the old-timey districts of Horta and listen to stories of the sailors, explorers, and pirates who once gathered around this spellbinding harbor while admiring sightings of whales and dolphins swimming in the sea
- Cross the Valley of Flamengos to the edge of Caldeira to admire the boundless beauty of the famous crater before you witness the remarkable remnants of the 1958 Capelinhos Volcano eruption
- Transfer to the beautiful Pico Island to taste vintages produced from the iconic Verdelho grapes, unique fruits grown from the flourishing vineyards that source nutrients from the rich, volcanic soil
- Tour the charming UNESCO-recognized town of Angra do Heroismo and explore the Age of Discovery as you listen to fables of explorers who brought riches to Terceira and witness panoramas on the hilltop looming large over the town
- Galavant across Terceira to discover the island’s charming fishing culture at small seaside villages, otherworldly natural beauty within lava tubes, and environmental splendors from within safe, natural lava pools
- Wander the forests of Flores and explore the brilliant natural beauty of this wild Azores island, from the striking silver-stream waterfalls that flood natural pools within the jungle to the lofty viewpoints hidden within the greenery
$2,305 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.78 stars based on 50 reviews.
Reviewed By Jane G.
Reviewed By Steven G.
Reviewed By Angela B.
Reviewed By Mark K.
Reviewed By Bonnie L.
Reviewed By Lyn H.