Culinary capitals, cultural contrasts, charming cities, and Spain’s highlights mean a journey through the ages, mixing the fiery vibrancy of today with the harmony of centuries past. Spanning 15 days and 15 distinctive destinations, this journey celebrates everything that makes Spain such an evocative destination. You will revel in the art, architecture, beaches, food, flamenco, contemporary design, walled cities, whitewashed villages, and the beauty of discovery.
Bilbao – A World Culinary Capital
Land in Bilbao, the mystical capital of the Basque region and a very apt place to start a tour through the country's highlights. There is the old city, where church bells chime out, and small plazas are traditionally adorned by cafe terraces. Across the river, you will find the neoclassical architecture of the late 19th century, broad lanes, and elaborate decoration a different insight into the past. Then there is the Guggenheim, Frank Gehry’s magnificent structure was the start of Bilbao’s contemporary, forward-thinking design. Like much of Spain, these three distinctive areas have their own ambiance, yet all seem to create an idea of harmony. Touch down at Bilbao International Airport, and you will be transferred to a hotel in the pedestrianized old city, where an al fresco terrace makes for a welcome lunch before an afternoon at your leisure.
Bilbao – A Day in San Sebastian, European City of Culture
Madrid – Spain by Train: The Beauty of the Rural Northern Plateaus
Madrid – Highlights of Madrid, Including Art and Tapas
Segovia – The Astonishing Legacy of the Ancient Centuries
Toledo – Royal Brilliance and the Harmony of Religion
Cordoba – Dramatic Plains of the South and Moorish Wonder of Andalusia
Seville – Relaxed Day in One of Europe’s Greatest Old Cities and a Vibrant Evening of Flamenco
Arcos – Andalusia’s Remarkable White Villages
Nerja – The Famous Rock and the Independent State
Nerja – Free Day on the Southern Beaches
Granada – The Lavish Final Stronghold of the Moors
Barcelona – Catalonian Pleasures Including Park Guell and La Sagrada Familia
Barcelona – Highlights of Barcelona, Including Fine Dining and the Modernist Movement
Barcelona – Departure
- Discover what is destined to be 2020’s world’s culinary capital, Bilbao, the host of the 2020 World’s Best 50 Restaurants Awards and a laid-back city imbued with flair
- Explore some of Spain’s great cultural legacies, from the 2016 European City of Culture, San Sebastian, to the final stronghold of the Moors, Granada
- Uncover the vibrant highlights of unmissable destinations, Madrid and Barcelona, tailored for discovery in 2020
- Marvel at the architecture and atmosphere left behind on the plains around Madrid, with visits to royal palaces, medieval walled cities, and 15th-century towns of remarkable juxtapositions
- Travel across Spain and feast your eyes on the landscapes, with trains across the beautiful northern plateaus and the dramatic southern plains, plus privately chauffeured road transfers to rural destinations
- Andalusia is a region of fiery culture, personified by local flamenco performances and you will spend five days uncovering its charms, including whitewashed villages on the cliffs, remote beaches, and cities of strange juxtapositions
- Take a day trip to Gibraltar for a fascinating insight into a tiny state that contains much more than a famous rock
- Dine on the modern flavors of Spain with a series of handcrafted culinary experiences, including tapas tours, fine dining reservations and the best of regional cuisines
$4,870 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.91 stars based on 2108 reviews.
Reviewed By Peggy C.
Reviewed By Joseph C.
Reviewed By Mitchell L.
Reviewed By Richard P.
Reviewed By James P.
Reviewed By Sonya J.